Get your very own personalised Platform 12 gifts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Trialists

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    145
    I don’t see the point of Trialists we never seem to sign any of them. Taking your point if we don’t want to stunt Sass Davies development why sign Lancashire ? A proven sick note who will spend time on the treatment table than the pitch, just don’t bother play Nolan and Sass with Hunt and NG as cover bring in a RB. However Artell is on record as saying he still wants another CB so he is sending out mixed messages. I think we ought to ignore anything Artell says as it is Bowler calling all the shots Artell is just full of S***

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,432

    Taylor

    Quote Originally Posted by luke_358 View Post
    I think Artell sees potential in Mbulu. He was saying on Radio Stoke last night he's good in the air and decent on the ground just needs work tactically and technically. Perhaps they don't want to stunt Sass-Davies development as he arguably has more potential. Mbulu was on 500 p/w at Motherwell so certainly not out of our budget. Think Taylor was on 2k p/w at Donny.
    I believe Taylor has signed for Stevenage

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    735
    Indeed he has - could be a few interesting conversations between him and the ever-charming Maamria!

  4. #24
    Taylor has signed for that giant of a club in our league..............Stevenage. Can only assume more money as they are surely not a bigger draw than the Alex ?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Like!
    Thanks Shropshire!

    It sounds like Stevenage have offered better terms to Taylor so he's signed for them. I liked him and thought his ability would improve the team but obviously character questionable. As Artell has alluded to - the Championship window closing on 8th August will give an improved chance to sign some quality as players yet unsigned drop their demands and aim for L1 and L2 instead. I get the impression that we are biding our time til then although the way Artell was talking on RS there might still be a development this week.

    I also note that there is movement on the Hassall front but I'll wait and see if TK updates us on that as he is a lot more in the know than I am. The long and short of it is that preparations are being made for sale of the club so perhaps the newly announced fans forum is going to reveal all. Good news!

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaalex View Post
    Taylor has signed for that giant of a club in our league..............Stevenage. Can only assume more money as they are surely not a bigger draw than the Alex ?
    Probably their "big money" sponsorship deal with Burger King! Hope it goes t*ts up for them cuz that Maamria is a knob!

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I don’t see the point of Trialists we never seem to sign any of them. Taking your point if we don’t want to stunt Sass Davies development why sign Lancashire ? A proven sick note who will spend time on the treatment table than the pitch, just don’t bother play Nolan and Sass with Hunt and NG as cover bring in a RB. However Artell is on record as saying he still wants another CB so he is sending out mixed messages. I think we ought to ignore anything Artell says as it is Bowler calling all the shots Artell is just full of S***
    I think we had an offer on the table for Taylor, just that its been trumped by Stevenage. I would give Mbulu 6 months to see what like. Lancashire signed for experience and direct replacement for Ray. Artell biding his time til the Championship window closes on the 8th and players drop their demands? I take it you don't like Artell, Wartman? Personally I find him a very refreshing and quite upfront bloke...certainly a lot less smoke and mirrors than with SD for sure.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    520
    Seems Mbulu happy to still be on trial as season starts - and so no wages? (O/S report.)

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by luke_358 View Post
    I think we had an offer on the table for Taylor, just that its been trumped by Stevenage. I would give Mbulu 6 months to see what like. Lancashire signed for experience and direct replacement for Ray. Artell biding his time til the Championship window closes on the 8th and players drop their demands? I take it you don't like Artell, Wartman? Personally I find him a very refreshing and quite upfront bloke...certainly a lot less smoke and mirrors than with SD for sure.
    To be honest I actually feel sorry for him working with his hands tied behind his back, I just wished somebody would monitor what is put on the official site it is quite frustrating to read an article one day then another article the next day completely opposite of what was said the day before, just say nothing. Squad investment is poor and needs to improve so, it seems they say all the right things to boost season ticket sales then spend the rest of the time back tracking on what they have said previously. I did hear some of Artell on the radio when a fan questioned why we had released 7 and only recruited 2 and he replied actually its 5 out 2 in as walker and Raynes did not play, that’s not the point that was being made we still paid the players so therefore it is 7 out 2 in with regards to the wage bill,he just makes himself sound a knob sometimes. The squad is not as strong as last season numbers wise and that is a fact so I hope the dreaded injury curse does not strike.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    To be honest I actually feel sorry for him working with his hands tied behind his back, I just wished somebody would monitor what is put on the official site it is quite frustrating to read an article one day then another article the next day completely opposite of what was said the day before, just say nothing. Squad investment is poor and needs to improve so, it seems they say all the right things to boost season ticket sales then spend the rest of the time back tracking on what they have said previously. I did hear some of Artell on the radio when a fan questioned why we had released 7 and only recruited 2 and he replied actually its 5 out 2 in as walker and Raynes did not play, that’s not the point that was being made we still paid the players so therefore it is 7 out 2 in with regards to the wage bill,he just makes himself sound a knob sometimes. The squad is not as strong as last season numbers wise and that is a fact so I hope the dreaded injury curse does not strike.

    Oh the official site has always been a bit of a nightmare for recycling old articles on slow news days and clearly isn't proof read so I take your point there. He is definitely in the market for a CB and CF, he's just biding his time due to limited funds...better to wait til the loan market hots up when all the Prem/Champ sides finalise their squads and with the early window close that should lower wage demands. Better to bide time than sign "scraps" now, i.e. an inexperienced defender and a forward with a shocking disciplinary record...not particularly fair on Mbulu or Taylor but Artell has the best interests of the club at heart and has always said he wouldn't do anything that risks jeapordising the club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •