+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Rhead

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Definitely! would have been the perfect signing for us. An absolute monster.
    Maybe so, but if we had signed him I can predict the reaction from many on here - "why have we wasted a wage on yet another over the hill journeyman rather than giving our youngsters a game"?

They are the latest loaded club with no fan base so thats why he has gone there. Simple. We are a skint club with some fan base. At best.

Yeah the owner is a complete nutcase with a shed load of money, he's worth a follow on twitter if you enjoy cringing

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Yeah the owner is a complete nutcase with a shed load of money, he's worth a follow on twitter if you enjoy cringing
    Yeah I saw something on Sky / BT Sports about them last season he took over as manager and got the whole squad to sing a certain cheese ball song before or after every game.

He comes over as full of himself etc but he did also say when he was driving to work he saw a homeless guy and said it upset him so he offered him a job & he took it whether he is still employed who knows so he does have a heart even if he is crazy.

I know they have signed players like Konchesky, Pennant & O'Hara probably a few more who have played premier league football not that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe so, but if we had signed him I can predict the reaction from many on here - "why have we wasted a wage on yet another over the hill journeyman rather than giving our youngsters a game"?
    Correct Elite, Rhead is as quick as a 3 legged Ox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12