+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Asghar statement

Asghar statement

"I have allowed 48 hours to pass and have read the negative comments on what was an admittedly poor result on Tuesday night. It is important that the support understand that the players and staff know that this was unacceptable....
    Likewise, I believe it is important that the support understand the level of work that is put in by staff and players on a daily basis and know that they know how results like Tuesday night can affect the support......
    We are working to create a ‘United’ culture throughout this club. For it to be successful, we want this to extend to the support, who are the lifeblood of this club. While players and staff are not immune to criticism, I believe much of this can be given in a transparent way ....
    We had planned to hold a Q&A session - open to all supporters - early in the season with myself, the Head Coach, two Assistant Head Coaches, the team captain. The main aim of this event is to foster the growth of transparency and belief amongst the fans in the team that we have.
    In the wake of the criticism directed at the team following Tuesday night’s defeat, I believe this is all the more important. As supporters, we love the passion and emotion that you show. However, we need that passion behind the team - not against it.
    For this reason, we will be announcing a date for our Q&A imminently, and I truly hope that the support take this opportunity to listen to their club, and give us the opportunity to listen to you.
    During Mark J. Ogren’s tenure, we have shown the desire to listen to the support, and make positive changes to the club that have been suggested by the people who know Dundee United FC best.
    This season, we are all looking for the same result. With a shared vision and understanding of what we are trying to do, we believe we can unite to ensure all of our aims for this season are achieved.
    On a personal level I don’t buy into that this is “the same as before” as the marked changes in the club have increased tenfold and whilst I know this won’t appease everyone we will strive to make sure you have a club you can be proud of"

Not at all sure what to make of this. Are other sites in meltdown after this last result?

Just to add. As far as I can see this went out on TA's Twitter account and at time of writing doesn't appear on the DUFC official site.

It's excellent the club are engaging with the fans like this, even after poor results. I think the club are beginning to realise just how jaded the fan base are. Probably no bad thing but, ultimately, only success will change that.

If he thinks the aftermath of the East Fife game was bad, if the worst does happen and we lose a derby he'd better be prepared for all hell to break loose...

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Just to add. As far as I can see this went out on TA's Twitter account and at time of writing doesn't appear on the DUFC official site.
    It's from his own twitter account. @TonyAsghar

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Not at all sure what to make of this. Are other sites in meltdown after this last result?
    There isnt anything to do with DUFC and it's fans that isn't in meltdown.
    I thought it was a good statement but a lot on twitter called him patronising, that anyone agreeing with his statement was part of the problem, nothing has changed etc etc

The only ones I agreed with is the negative tactics and 4-2-3-1 need to change

There is only one issue at Utd right now and that's the managers negative tactics and his poor management. It simply has to change, be it from the manager himself or Ashgar and co swinging the axe if it doesn't.

There is also a huge issue that Tony is addressing here. A lot of fans have completely run out of patience with the club. Clearly that's not the current owners fault and that's the gist of his statement IMHO.

Good for him to put out a statement and engaging is important.

Ultimately it’s down to Robbie and players to produce performances to match the investment from the Ogrens

Bottom line is failing to qualify for the next round of the Scottish League Cup is completely unacceptable - 3 part time teams in United's section and they still can't get one of the top 4 second best placed seeds - there is good financial rewards for the clubs who reach the later stages of this competition, along with TV money, sponsorship and gate money - all now lost due to failing to beat East Fife.

The managers of teams who fail to qualify now reel out the excuse that these games are pre - season friendlies - total nonsense.

Also, these part time teams will have about 17 - 18 players in their squad - the full time teams have a bigger squad, so please no excuses.

Over 50,000 attended the cup final between Celtic Vs Aberdeen - none of these fans treated this game as a friendly.

Outside of the Dundee region, the Scottish press were not shocked by this result - they have come to expect this from United.

The time for excuses is over - before the season even begins.

They are not pre-season matches but there SPFL has turned the early stages of this completion into this. For instance, why can these 4 matches be played midweek once the league season starts? Makes no sense to me.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)