Get your very own personalised Views from the Kop gifts!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 82

Thread: Neal Ardley

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,390
    Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    What is perspective though? On three months of results Ardley wasn't great.
    That's what I'd call perspective. Saying Ardley "wasn't great" is far more sensible and logical to me than claiming he's worked miracles.
    I absolutely agree with you that constantly sacking managers has got us nowhere (except lower), but I would have liked to have seen a lot more from Ardley last season to convince me that he is the one to stick with if the aim is stability.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,794
    Just to confirm Elite, I never said he's worked a miracle but you keep attributing that phrase to me.
    There's nothing logical about wanting stability, agreeing that we sack too many managers but wanting to start this season at this late stage with another one because of his efforts over a short period of time last year under very difficult circumstances.

    It's all a gamble of course, statistically he's more likely to fail than not but we're almost guaranteeing instant failure if we blow the whole thing up again now. P!is it's a big chunk of this year's budget blown on compo before a ball's kicked.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Yep, Ardley deserves praise for the way he has stuck at it in very trying circumstances, but to call him a miracle worker is ridiculous in the extreme. Remember that this is the bloke who sent out the disorganised and unmotivated teams that saw us relegated. It looks like he's here for the foreseeable future so I hope he does well, but let's try and keep a sense of perspective.

    What a nice vote of confidence....not.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,390
    Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Just to confirm Elite, I never said he's worked a miracle but you keep attributing that phrase to me.
    I have never attributed the phrase to you, if you read post#4 it's obvious who made that claim. In post #16 you said "I wouldn't call it a miracle", so I think you've misunderstood because it kept coming up in quoted posts.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    23,277
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    What a nice vote of confidence....not.

    I really don't see how you could interpret Eli's words than anything other than fair. Not one person has said 'sack him', what we have said is let's see how he goes before we award him the Magpie Cross. Jeez.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Out of interest, what miracles has he worked?
    I suppose a miracle may be stretching it but surely you would have some admiration for NA being professional and resolute amidst the ****storm that has been Notts County and for his evident galvanising of an eclectic group of players, most of whom owe him nothing and to whom he has been unable to promise anything?

    Take NA away and consider the prospect of a new man coming in now?

    You may argue he has just done his job, and I don't know if he has been paid or not but I am grateful for his attitude and he will always have my respect no matter what results look like in the coming season.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,901
    Why are we all falling out today of all days? Open a can of Tuborg (do they still make that?) or Carlsberg, spread some Lurpak on your cob and raise a glass of akvavit. Don't buy Danish bacon though, their animal welfare for pigs is terrible.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Why are we all falling out today of all days? Open a can of Tuborg (do they still make that?) or Carlsberg, spread some Lurpak on your cob and raise a glass of akvavit. Don't buy Danish bacon though, their animal welfare for pigs is terrible.
    I know a pig who's been telling a lot of 'Porkie pies'

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,390
    Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    I suppose a miracle may be stretching it but surely you would have some admiration for NA being professional and resolute amidst the ****storm that has been Notts County and for his evident galvanising of an eclectic group of players, most of whom owe him nothing and to whom he has been unable to promise anything?
    I thought I did in a previous post on this thread when I said "Yep, Ardley deserves praise for the way he has stuck at it in very trying circumstances". What bit of that are you failing to understand?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    23,277
    Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Why are we all falling out today of all days? Open a can of Tuborg (do they still make that?) or Carlsberg, spread some Lurpak on your cob and raise a glass of akvavit. Don't buy Danish bacon though, their animal welfare for pigs is terrible.
    Cos we're very argumentative by nature. Well, Eli is. I bet you he comes back on here and argues that he isn't.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,901
    Probably 😁

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I thought I did in a previous post on this thread when I said "Yep, Ardley deserves praise for the way he has stuck at it in very trying circumstances". What bit of that are you failing to understand?
    Calm down dear, have a strong cup of coffee and read the Daily Mail

  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,339
    Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Why are we all falling out today of all days? Open a can of Tuborg (do they still make that?) or Carlsberg, spread some Lurpak on your cob and raise a glass of akvavit. Don't buy Danish bacon though, their animal welfare for pigs is terrible.
    100% with you Cher. I'm already into my second keg of Tuborg and the bacon butties are crisping up nicely on the barbecue. Tonight is one for celebration !!

    Oh and a little p.s.

    Good to see the brothers Reedtz avoiding the cliche of allowing the Red Rag to wreath them in b/w scarves for their Meadow Lane intro - or perhaps the club shop was out of stock

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,390
    Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Cos we're very argumentative by nature. Well, Eli is. I bet you he comes back on here and argues that he isn't.
    I'm definitely not argumentative in the slightest. I only wish the same could be said about those who disagree with me.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,320
    Back to Ardley, I get the criticisms of his performance last year, and I was quick to point out that apparent lack of a game or style of pay in some games, but it's clear that last year was an almighty mess before he arrived. Let's see what he can do this season.

    One thing we surely cannot argue about is the fact that he's a thoroughly decent and dignified bloke. I know that may not count for much when it comes to results, but given what has gone on this summer and the bull**** pulled by people who should know better, I say it counts for a lot right now.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,709
    Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Back to Ardley, I get the criticisms of his performance last year, and I was quick to point out that apparent lack of a game or style of pay in some games, but it's clear that last year was an almighty mess before he arrived. Let's see what he can do this season.

    One thing we surely cannot argue about is the fact that he's a thoroughly decent and dignified bloke. I know that may not count for much when it comes to results, but given what has gone on this summer and the bull**** pulled by people who should know better, I say it counts for a lot right now.

    Totally agree, this man has showed total loyalty and as supporters we should do the same for him now. I am in.

  17. #37
    Elite you really are total tosser

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm definitely not argumentative in the slightest. I only wish the same could be said about those who disagree with me.
    This has got to be the best post I’ve ever read on this board.

    Absolute brilliance.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Elite you really are total tosser
    I'd rather be a tosser than a drama queen.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    If Ardley had left pre takeover? No doubts it would have made a bad situation worse, that's true. But other than oversee our exit from the FL, and stand his ground amidst the chit going on around him and maybe get what team we have prepared decently, he's hardly, (no pun intended), done enuff to be awarded the Nobel prize, just yet, IMHAHO. Their are many challenges ahead for him, let's see how he fares before we beatify him.
    In the main, were talking along similar lines. Although, I believe hes done far more than stand his ground.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •