+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Neal Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    What is perspective though? On three months of results Ardley wasn't great.
    That's what I'd call perspective. Saying Ardley "wasn't great" is far more sensible and logical to me than claiming he's worked miracles.
    I absolutely agree with you that constantly sacking managers has got us nowhere (except lower), but I would have liked to have seen a lot more from Ardley last season to convince me that he is the one to stick with if the aim is stability.

Just to confirm Elite, I never said he's worked a miracle but you keep attributing that phrase to me.
    There's nothing logical about wanting stability, agreeing that we sack too many managers but wanting to start this season at this late stage with another one because of his efforts over a short period of time last year under very difficult circumstances.

It's all a gamble of course, statistically he's more likely to fail than not but we're almost guaranteeing instant failure if we blow the whole thing up again now. P!is it's a big chunk of this year's budget blown on compo before a ball's kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Yep, Ardley deserves praise for the way he has stuck at it in very trying circumstances, but to call him a miracle worker is ridiculous in the extreme. Remember that this is the bloke who sent out the disorganised and unmotivated teams that saw us relegated. It looks like he's here for the foreseeable future so I hope he does well, but let's try and keep a sense of perspective.

What a nice vote of confidence....not.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Just to confirm Elite, I never said he's worked a miracle but you keep attributing that phrase to me.
    I have never attributed the phrase to you, if you read post#4 it's obvious who made that claim. In post #16 you said "I wouldn't call it a miracle", so I think you've misunderstood because it kept coming up in quoted posts.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    What a nice vote of confidence....not.

I really don't see how you could interpret Eli's words than anything other than fair. Not one person has said 'sack him', what we have said is let's see how he goes before we award him the Magpie Cross. Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Out of interest, what miracles has he worked?
    I suppose a miracle may be stretching it but surely you would have some admiration for NA being professional and resolute amidst the ****storm that has been Notts County and for his evident galvanising of an eclectic group of players, most of whom owe him nothing and to whom he has been unable to promise anything?

Take NA away and consider the prospect of a new man coming in now?

You may argue he has just done his job, and I don't know if he has been paid or not but I am grateful for his attitude and he will always have my respect no matter what results look like in the coming season.

Why are we all falling out today of all days? Open a can of Tuborg (do they still make that?) or Carlsberg, spread some Lurpak on your cob and raise a glass of akvavit. Don't buy Danish bacon though, their animal welfare for pigs is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Why are we all falling out today of all days? Open a can of Tuborg (do they still make that?) or Carlsberg, spread some Lurpak on your cob and raise a glass of akvavit. Don't buy Danish bacon though, their animal welfare for pigs is terrible.
    I know a pig who's been telling a lot of 'Porkie pies'

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    I suppose a miracle may be stretching it but surely you would have some admiration for NA being professional and resolute amidst the ****storm that has been Notts County and for his evident galvanising of an eclectic group of players, most of whom owe him nothing and to whom he has been unable to promise anything?
    I thought I did in a previous post on this thread when I said "Yep, Ardley deserves praise for the way he has stuck at it in very trying circumstances". What bit of that are you failing to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Cos we're very argumentative by nature. Well, Eli is. I bet you he comes back on here and argues that he isn't.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast