+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Press Conference at 8am

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Best of luck lads, good club and need you in the League, far too much money in the Premier League with teams morally worse than you guys. from a Lions fan.
    Cheers buddy. Many happy memories of the old Den and being chased up the hill to New Cross station !!

Only joking - all the best for this season

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I know he has his detractors but I find the man a pleasure to listen too.
    Same here, he was bought in to a differcult position last season and just not to finish bottom was an achievement. I think he'll work well with how the brothers want to use the analysis that Football Radar use. He strike me as a stats man as he's always talking about distances players cover etc. Looking forward to a bright future

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Same here, he was bought in to a differcult position last season and just not to finish bottom was an achievement. I think he'll work well with how the brothers want to use the analysis that Football Radar use. He strike me as a stats man as he's always talking about distances players cover etc. Looking forward to a bright future
    Firstly it’s refreshing that we have new owners who appear humble, show class and have a sense integrity and humility, if a little shy which is not a bad thing at all. All good qualities going forward and a far cry from the previous custodian who’s mantra was in my perception that it was all about him. I can’t envisage and I hope these new owners conduct their business in private behind the closed doors of Meadow Lane and not on any form of social media. Obviously good communication to the supporters by the proper club channels and local media is the key here.

One thing that is quite good is the oldest professional football club now has its youngest ever owners. I’m quite looking forward to a modern, fresh thinking and ideas approach that this may bring. Also this may help to shake off and dispel the myth of Notts being a club for senior people and they can help to influence and inspire a new generation of supporters.

I’m in full agreement with you and I believe Neal Ardley is a similar kind of character to these two. So I have a lot of hope and confidence going forward that they may be able to work well together. They seem to be people who are thorough and detailed in their planning, preparations and lean towards a stats based approach to analyse where any shortfalls or areas of improvement need to be. Using this sports science and their experience with football radar and Neal Ardleys managerial and football experience could be a good combination.

There is no underestimating the shear amount of hard work that has to be done in the short term. As they state the first job is to pay everyone their wages, then it’s the court hearing and not to mention signing players. All of which will need to be done in the next week. So it’s going to be a case of hitting the ground running.

Under these circumstances for me it’s going to be massive that we actually start the season on 0 points and be in the National League. At least with that we are on a par with everyone else. What we will need is an almighty realistic and healthy dose of patience. This season I expect nothing. To stabilise the club and it finish mid table at best would for me be a massive achievement given what has happened in the past 12 months.

We’ve got a fight on now to build a squad capable of competing in the National League. It’s not going to be easy, it will be tough and we’ve got a large amount of games in the first couple of months.

We owe such a massive thanks to all those staff at the club who have kept it going. I’m hoping through adversity that the club is now more united and stronger than before. I’m sure that all supporters will get behind the club, the players, manager and new owners so we all move forward together as one force.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 27-07-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Last edited by countygump; 27-07-2019 at 10:15 AM.

A very impressive pair of interviews from Ardley and the new owners.

I love the way Ardley was keen to give credit to others at the club whilst avoiding any false modesty. Also loved the new owners' humility, underlying confidence, and hints at the importance of taking a rational approach.

Years ago (must be early this century) I was on a week's course in Brussels and ended up in a bar with three of the other guys on the course - two Finns and a Dane. I was staggered by how much the Danish guy knew about Notts and English football.

Biggest eye-opener for me during the NA interview was that they had a list of 52 players at the start of the summer, and lost out on all of them because of the Hardy embargo.

Other than the players who have been on trial with us (and presumably at least Nathan Tyson and Jim O'Brien will be offered deals), we will probably be more dependent thqn ever on good loan signings. This time, though, we'll be looking at League 1 and League 2 players.

We've got to hope that the deluge of games in August don't end our season before it even begins (and September isn't much easier). However we start, we've got to factor in this hellish summer when we're at games. We are not starting on -10 points, but we are starting behind in so many other regards. (After paying the staff/tax bill, another urgent for the Danes will be to sort out new training facilities, since I think the Trent Uni. arrangement was only until September.

Anyway, I've just renewed my season tickets this morning to show my support to the new owners. Anyone who thinks our fan base is old will be pleased to learn that the ticket guy on the phone expressed genuine surprise that one of the season tickets is for someone who turns 88 in September.

COYP!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I know he has his detractors but I find the man a pleasure to listen too.
    Neal Ardley is a genuine guy and a good football manager capable of building something for us given time, patience and support.

It has become clear over the summer that the situation he walked into last season was actually even worse than many of us thought it was and I don't hold him accountable for our relegation. In fact, knowing what we know now, you could argue he did well to take it down to the last game of the season. His signings in his short time here have been better than his predecessors, with the likes of O'Brien, Stubbs and Rose in particular looking better players in the second half of last season than the players they replaced.

Some of his critics reminded everyone about the run of defeats at the end of his career at AFC Wimbledon, which is only a tiny part of his story there. The true context is that he was there six years and did well to get Wimbledon promoted to League One in the first place on a shoestring budget.

The new owners and the manager look to be a good match to me. People who are not egotistical and who will listen and work with each other, pooling their respective skills for the good of the club. Football Radar obviously bring with them an exceptional amount of information not normally available to a club at this level, and the owners are clearly motivated by football matters rather than property matters, so I'm sure Neal Ardley and his team can see this and will engage with them, whereas some more self-important managers might take the attitude that they know best and wouldn't listen to new ideas.

Good luck to all concerned. It's early days of course, but the initial vibes are good.

Very impressive by them. The fact that they work in football analytics should be a major bonus too. Will be interesting to see who we bring in to improve the squad.

HMRC case heard YESTERDAY to have the winding up order dismissed... story from Post here

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...tition-3143012

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    HMRC case heard YESTERDAY to have the winding up order dismissed... story from Post here

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...tition-3143012
    Great news. The tax bill was the most fundamental thing that needed sorting before any other priorities, obviously.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast