+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Academy

Academy

If the new owners keep it running..the swamp needs draining.

Craig Wallace and Ed Burton need to go asap. Two absolute low life’s who helped Hardy inflict misery on so many young lads. Releasing capable lads to make way for Al’s own and mates kids and turning kids away because of vendettas that go back to his Lowdham days.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post

Craig Wallace and Ed Burton need to go asap. Two absolute low life’s who helped Hardy inflict misery on so many young lads. Releasing capable lads to make way for Al’s own and mates kids and turning kids away because of vendettas that go back to his Lowdham days.
    Email the new owners with what you've said here. I'm sure MiG will back you up with evidence if needed.

I wouldn't be surprised though if the Reedtz brothers have a different gameplan in mind for the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Email the new owners with what you've said here. I'm sure MiG will back you up with evidence if needed.

I wouldn't be surprised though if the Reedtz brothers have a different gameplan in mind for the long term.
    The different game plan of scrapping the academy. Its been a pointless exercise keeping it going for too long now. Put the money to better use.

Yeah, I have the same concern. Of course, I'm over the moon they have come to our rescue and beggars can't be choosers, but with their business and ideologies based on recruiting players based on stats where does that leave progression of the youth team academy?

They seem pretty level headed, and I liked the way they weren't drawn on giving answers on where they envisioned the club being in 10 years time. I suppose that if they buy in the right players at the right age then, as sad as it is to say, do we need to persist with the expense of running an academy if we can sell on successful players that we've paid under the odds for at an inflated price?

My own preference would be to see local players break through into the first team, but if these guys can prove other avenues are more astute then fair play.

Would it not be cheaper to hold regular open trails. Local lads could enter these trails and try to work to impress to win a contract with the club. Didn't Charlie Austin do something similar at Swindon? There's plenty of talent out there it's finding it that's the problem.

..the swamp needs draining.

Craig Wallace and Ed Burton need to go asap. Two absolute low life’s...
    I wonder if this was in NA's mind when he talked about some things that still needed sorting out in the culture of the club?

https://www.facebook.com/nottscounty...3637310103998/

Doesn't the Efl contribute a big wad of money to the academy? Plus if you look at the youth players that have been sold on, surely it's one of the few things that actually does run at a profit???

Nepotism at its finest by the sounds of it. No way to run a successful academy in my opinion. On a par with cronyism which is just as bad.

Its supposed to be about whether they are talented enough and have the right character traits. Nothing more, nothing less.

The new owners will decide whether to persist with the academy or not subject to how it reflects their model for running the club. If they do then again with their Football Radar stats based analysis and Neal Ardleys input they could apply it to the development aspect of this side of the club as well? We will most probably find out in time whether it stays or goes.

In light of the Academy probably being only one of a small number of profitable areas within the club I would suggest it needs to remain. In the last 3 seasons there have been the sales of Bearne to Liverpool, Dongda He to Wolves and more recently Etete to Spurs all from the Academy
    I have read / informed, but please don’t quote, the EFL provide between £300,000 - £330,000 to football Academy’s per year. NCFC will get 100% of this figure this year in the National league + only 50% next season if they fail to get back in the league, nothing year after if again failure to get back in league 2
    Suggest the Academy may be an area to maintain if run correctly

Regardless of the financial benefits or otherwise, I just think a professional club needs an academy to have a full genuine presence in the community. Notts felt very incomplete without one during the Trust era, but it's the new owners call, we've got to back them in whatever they decide to do and see where it takes us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast