+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our best 11 ?

Our best 11 ?

As a matter of interest could anyone post here the starting eleven for our league cup games and today's friendly?

I'd be interested to see if he started the same 11 more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    As a matter of interest could anyone post here the starting eleven for our league cup games and today's friendly?

I'd be interested to see if he started the same 11 more than once.
    Short answer, no to both! But give the teams a go off the top of me head.

Benji, Benji, Deniz, Benji, Deniz.
    Smith, Watson, Smith, Smith, Watson.
    Connolly, Connolly, Connolly, Watson, Butcher.
    Reynolds, Reynolds, Reynolds, Reynolds, Frans.
    Sporle, Robson, Sporle, Sporle, Robson.
    Bouhenna, Butcher, Butcher, Butcher, King.
    Stanton, Harkes, Stanton, Stanton, Harkes.
    McMullan all?
    Shankland, Shankland, Shankland, Shankland, Appere.
    Robson, Chalmers, Banks, Banks, Chalmers.
    Not sure about Clark and Appere starts, but C Smith was in today.

Watson got his LC chances for injury and suspension, Bouhenna disappeared and anything else looks like giving game time.

Thanks Chick. Cyber pint on it's way to you!

Not sure if it confirms my thinking or not, ie a lot of chopping and changing in the run up to ICT in the league.

The back 5 will be predictable as will the front (ish) 2 of Clark and Shankland unless Banks or Appere is edging Clark out.... Butcher you would imagine will start at DM. McMullan will be played out of position (?) as a winger. That's 9, so leaves 2 for Robbie to fill. The creative midfielders that we haven't got? Unless King is regal in possession of course.
    Be interesting to see what happens. We need to win!
    Last edited by stokearab; 27-07-2019 at 10:27 PM.

The East Fife result has put the team under pressure before a ball has been kicked in anger in the league.It was self inflicted of course by the players and management.There must have been a decent bonus on offer to qualify into the knockout round's of the League Cup so i cannot understand why the players could not pass the ball to each other or deliver crosses into the box.
    Why can Forfar Athletic qualify from a harder group than we had?,did their American owner put in more money than our's?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The East Fife result has put the team under pressure before a ball has been kicked in anger in the league.It was self inflicted of course by the players and management.There must have been a decent bonus on offer to qualify into the knockout round's of the League Cup so i cannot understand why the players could not pass the ball to each other or deliver crosses into the box.
    Why can Forfar Athletic qualify from a harder group than we had?,did their American owner put in more money than our's?.
    Money does not win games, GB.

Desire, skill and grit does. Money can enhance these, but it does not win games.

I am beginning to wonder if we over prepare for games, mentally and physically. I have no information to back this up but there are a lot more expectations on DUFC than any other team in our league. Is there a common denominator over the last 3-4 seasons? Why do we have less gas in the tank than not only our league competitors, but those from lower divisions? Either we are soft as the stuff you don't want to stand in, or we're drained?

Are we overdoing the 'getting fit' preparations?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Short answer, no to both! But give the teams a go off the top of me head.

Benji, Benji, Deniz, Benji, Deniz.
    Smith, Watson, Smith, Smith, Watson.
    Connolly, Connolly, Connolly, Watson, Butcher.
    Reynolds, Reynolds, Reynolds, Reynolds, Frans.
    Sporle, Robson, Sporle, Sporle, Robson.
    Bouhenna, Butcher, Butcher, Butcher, King.
    Stanton, Harkes, Stanton, Stanton, Harkes.
    McMullan all?
    Shankland, Shankland, Shankland, Shankland, Appere.
    Robson, Chalmers, Banks, Banks, Chalmers.
    Not sure about Clark and Appere starts, but C Smith was in today.

Watson got his LC chances for injury and suspension, Bouhenna disappeared and anything else looks like giving game time.
    Pretty clear evidence that Robbie was treating the competition as pre-season IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Pretty clear evidence that Robbie was treating the competition as pre-season IMHO.
    Does he have a choice tho, really? We'd have to start pre-season games mid June if we were to go into the Betfred with a settled, match fit starting 11. It's ridiculous the timing of this competition.

I totally agree, no he doesn't. The whole structure of the League Cup group stages is a farce because of this.

In a 4231

Benji
    Smith Connelly Reynolds Sporle
    Butcher Harkes
    Mcmullan C. Smith Pawlett
    Shankland

In a 433 (good option to go from defence to attack and be solid)

Benji
    Smith Connelly Reynolds Sporle
    King Butcher Harkes
    Mcmullan Shankland Pawlett

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)