+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Chikhura Sachkhere

Really enjoyed that great opening 30 minutes, last 15 of first half was bit flat and let them have to much possesion, there a poor team and rijeka are a few levels up.

First up though is hearts and 3 points a must. Why don't wilson get som game time? Strange.

Thought hole team played well but stand outs were Ojo Hedges Cosgrove and Leigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Superb display and we have gone through as predicted. Rijeka will be a big step up but replicate tonight's level of performance over the two legs and the Italians will be swept aside.

As an aside this city really has to do something about it's seagull problem. Surely a cull wouldn't be that difficult to perform.
    Your investigative skills are failing if you think Rijeka are from italy.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Your investigative skills are failing if you think Rijeka are from italy.
    Fiume.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Superb display and we have gone through as predicted. Rijeka will be a big step up but replicate tonight's level of performance over the two legs and the Italians will be swept aside.

As an aside this city really has to do something about it's seagull problem. Surely a cull wouldn't be that difficult to perform.
    Rijeka are Croatian min,they will be a big step up in class from tonight,play as we did tonight and we have decent chance against them,alot will depend on the away leg,think we play away first?

Just Back ...

Well that was fun. So many good performances tonight it's hard to pick out the best really. Al the new guys were very good and looked to have settled well. McGinn and Ferguson also well solid.

Excellent start. 2-0 in 20 minutes and then took a breather until half-time. Second half we upped the tempo again and scored three more good goals - pick of the bunch was Scott Wright's.

Rijeka next. Should be a hell of a challenge. We did very well to beat them three years ago. Don't expect the same again this time though - they are class.

Hammerthrowers of Midlothian up next on Sunday. Hoooooof ...

Get the beers in ....

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Rijeka are Croatian min,they will be a big step up in class from tonight,play as we did tonight and we have decent chance against them,alot will depend on the away leg,think we play away first?
    Rijeka (Fiume) was Italian when I was a lad.

I watched them play at the weekend away to Lokomotiv Zagreb. Not bad but we'd definitely beat them on tonight's form 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Avril was at the home game v ROPS two weeks ago I'm told, and was probably here again tonight, and will be driving back to Embra tonight with even more hammer throwing thoughts in his head about how to stop us.

Play at even 50% of tonight's performance and we will blow these Gorgie cnuts away, as I thought that Georgian team was half decent tonight.

Will be interesting to see how we line up on sunday. Can Leigh play 3 games in 7 days, or 4 in 10 days?
    Think there are going to be changes.
    DM said as much.
    He said PRE-match Leigh wouldn’t be able to play 3 x 90 mins in 7 days ... but he only played 65 tonight?
    Besides, we’ve only 4 defenders.
    I think Wright will come in for McGinn.
    He might bring Bryson in for someone in midfield?
    Hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Interesting listening to DM post match.
    Suggestions are we’ll be making changes to the team on Sunday to freshen up the team “in certain areas”.
    Wright for McGinn is one from what he said.
    Not sure where else he was hinting at, but sounds like there will be two or three.
    Not surprising. I imagine Levein's hammer throwers will try to kick us off the park on Sunday so protect the planned line-up for Rijeka.

What a really enjoyable night at Pittodrie. I'd seen Gallagher on TV but to see how quick he is in the flesh was quite an eye opener. And Ojo - don't think I've been so impressed with a signing since Gillhaus. And, as I keep preaching, Cosgrove learns things in training: that's why teams have it every day.
    Last edited by rustlinsweetiepapers; 01-08-2019 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Needed a bit of happy clapping

Well I really enjoyed that tonight - we genuinely played some lovely stuff out there.

The second and fourth goals in particular were things of beauty - lovely one touch pass & move football - I haven’t seen that in years.

First time I’ve seen the new lads in the flesh & I was very impressed with all the new boys.

Leigh was superb, pace, power, got forward well, scored - can’t ask much more. We may not miss Max as much as we thought with this lad in his place.

Ojo also excellent. Ran the show with Ferguson. Never wasted a pass, always made himself available & got us forward quickly when the chance arose. This lad will do us fine.

Liked Hedges a lot, quick feet, skilful & plenty of pace & power - very good & happy to replace GMS with him.

Gallagher similar.

As for Ballon D’or - can’t ask more than a hat trick- take a bow son.

25 goals in 32 games. Any striker anywhere would be pleased with that so let’s cut the lad a bit more slack & start giving him the credit he deserves as since November last year you cannot fault his goal scoring record & that’s what he’s there for at the end of the day.

Excellent performance, really top notch - far more of the same please lads. Well done!

Just home now and the was great. Can't fault any olayer, I pressed with Ojo, did the job required and readily filled into defense when Leigh or Logan pushed up or dropped in-between the CBs.
    I also must say I've been a massive Cosgrove critic but tonight he did everything right. Ignoring the goals and the fact he actually took his chances, he upped the work rate compared to the last few games where he just seem lazy, linked up well, such an improvement when we don't play long ball.
    I was particularly impressed when he noticed a player free and went over to pick him up in pretty much DM then had a right go at Ojo for not taking the man quicker to release him to go to the man with the ball.

Both home games we have played really well which is a nice change from have a shlt record at home last season and despite two poor performances things are looking promising for the season ahead.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast