+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: funny fans crying about Derby tickets

funny fans crying about Derby tickets

Heard the funsters are freaking out as they aren't in the Shed for the derby (good the playoffs plus cup game v ict showed it was a good idea selling the 3 or 4 sections to Utd fans and that's what matters)

Don't see the issue, it's not like we have cut their allocation, pretty much similar numbers (3.5k ish) as all the recent home derbies when we had the Jerry Kerry giving them the Shed/Fair Play

Hope we do the same with the Sheep Sevco and Celtic in the future tbh

Think we're shooting ourselves in the foot here. We wont sell all our allocation, not a chance. We didnt for playoffs so why would we for a derby?

Also RE: tims, sheep etc. give them the shed, its a ****hole anyways

Get maximum financial gain from all these b@stards

I don't think we are, we aren't losing anything, they are still the same amount of tickets pretty much just not going to be behind the goal

Great idea to have 3/4 sections of arabs behind the goal

so we're giving them the JK and we're taking the shed is that right?

Yes that's my understanding, which still gives them in the region of 3500... Fair play only holds 1500ish so couldn't just give that for a derby

ok thats doesnt sound as bad now, wont be far off what they usually get eh... whats the shed hold in comparison to JK Shedka, you're the forum statto any idea bud?

I would prefer we had given them the shed and we had the Jerry Kerr. Since Tannadice went all seated I've never liked the the away fans being above the dressing rooms and the team running out the tunnel with the away support above them. Where else does that happen ? Ok the dump across the road but where else?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    ok thats doesnt sound as bad now, wont be far off what they usually get eh... whats the shed hold in comparison to JK Shedka, you're the forum statto any idea bud?

Shed holds 2100 but the section closest to the fair play won't be sold, the other four sections 1800 (the three middle sections 500 each and the section nearest GF)

As for the Jerry Kerr, probably just around 2000 as it's capacity is less than it used to be before the seats were put in a decade ago.... Plus it depends if we give them the the three sections from the fair play to the tunnel (1200) or if we also give them the two sections around to the Eddie T

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    I would prefer we had given them the shed and we had the Jerry Kerr. Since Tannadice went all seated I've never liked the the away fans being above the dressing rooms and the team running out the tunnel with the away support above them. Where else does that happen ? Ok the dump across the road but where else?

It's not about them being in the shed, not like that helps them as they haven't won at Tannadice since Aug 2004 and suffered a couple maulings with 2k funsters there behind the goal to watch it happen (my fav was 4-1 at half time shooting towards them)

It's more about us, we saw in the cup vs ICT and the playoffs the way the Utd fans in the shed and those in the lower east bounced off each other, starting and finishing songs that the other end carried or joined in with, it was good... our fans don't sing much when in the jk or gf, they did when in the shed which helped and meant it wasn't just the Eddie lower responsibility to create the backing (although it does a fine job in big games)

Ye fair enough Shedka atmosphere was good in the play offs. I suppose what we really want is United fans in the shed and Jerry Kerr. If that happens then we'll be having a cracking season.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)