+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arbroath v Queens

Interesting to note that Arbroath are charging the same adult admission price per game as Queens at £18. Yet they are offering season tickets for £220 which includes friendly matches and any play off games that may arise. Even with just the 18 home league matches,that comes out as £12.22 per match. Queens season tickets are currently £285 which equates to £15.83 per 18 league games and I'm not sure if the ticket allows for any other matches. Surely Queens could possibly have a rethink regarding next seasons ticket pricing. Because at Arbroaths prices I would certainly buy one. Money in the bank at the start of the season to buy players.... no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Interesting to note that Arbroath are charging the same adult admission price per game as Queens at £18. Yet they are offering season tickets for £220 which includes friendly matches and any play off games that may arise. Even with just the 18 home league matches,that comes out as £12.22 per match. Queens season tickets are currently £285 which equates to £15.83 per 18 league games and I'm not sure if the ticket allows for any other matches. Surely Queens could possibly have a rethink regarding next seasons ticket pricing. Because at Arbroaths prices I would certainly buy one. Money in the bank at the start of the season to buy players.... no brainer.

We’re absolutely skint and can’t afford to reduce prices buddy.

I'm not sure you can compare a part-time club's season ticket prices to a full time one. Queens won't be paying top dollar for full time players but I'd be astounded if our wage bill and running costs weren't a bit bigger than Arbroath's. I would say we're borderline surviving as a full time club as it is so reducing prices is probably not even being considered. I get that reducing prices may attract more buyers but can we risk the reduced price being made up with the number of extra tickets that MAY be bought. I think buying a season ticket that works out at a reduction of over £2 per game is a fair enough deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    It would be very useful to hit the road running for the start of the season and a win away from home will do just that. Mon the South.
    Should be a competitive game with a bigger home crowd than usual to see Arbroath presented with their
    league - winning trophy / flag. I see the bookies have the Red Lichties down as favourites but hopefully a
    good away support can sheer us on to victory (at least 3 buses going)
    PS - have a wee look at out first league visitors to Palmy - Dunfermline FC - whose game is on BBC Scotland
    tonight.

I’m a bit worried that we’re heading into our first league game with such a small squad. AJ is obviously trying to strength by finances are the stumbling block yet again. You just can’t go through the season like this again. It’s not as if the Chairman hasn’t any money to help us out

It's what we do every season. Start off with the absolute bare minimum.

Or target used to be a top 4 finish now it appears its 8th.

Another garbage season and it will be time to throw weight behind a change at the top. I defended them but am starting to lose patience now.

Good to see former Queens legend JT at the game yesterday with his Arbroath tie on

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Good to see former Queens legend JT at the game yesterday with his Arbroath tie on
    Watching two of his former clubs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)