+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dreadful stuff

It was a friendly, no points lost!!! Jack Marriott and Duane Holmes to come back and a few new signings on the way.

Think a few of you are going overboard, let's wait and see what we're like after the first 10 matches, some tough fixtures
    in there too!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    We played Wolves last year, I don't remembwe that
    A year ago to the day. Won 2-1.

I had the embarrassment of watching that on Rangers TV with a bunch of Rangers supporting family members. They actually stopped taking the piss towards the end, they really felt sorry for me. Jesus wept and so will we if that's the standard

They are weeks ahead of us and have already played competitive football. We do seem behind in our preseason though..
    I will wait till next Monday before starting to panic..

I had a go on a Facebook thread I read yesterday evening. I haven't seentt the game yet as I was out at a family birthday.

There are a few facts that need looking at like pre season results have little or no bearing on the season ahead. A crap pre season has seen clubs promote and a great one has led to relegation. Like, during their one month off, players have not let themselves go. They go away for a month holiday, unless involved in international games then they get less. During that time they have targets. They are allowed to put a couple of pounds on but no more than that. They are expected to do some training in order to remain reasonably fit. After 11 months of hard work the body NEEDS a bit of a rest. That is what they get, a BIT of a rest. You wouldn't expect a computer programmer to go to Cyprus on holiday and then have to write code for an hour or two a day to "keep his hand in" so why expect a footballer to train up to 3 or 4 hours a day (afternoon work will be something they will do a lot of under Cocu)?

The wrist slashers were out in force, bad, awful, we're doomed etc etc etc all in that one FB thread. I read it and replied that I might take the comments seriously if the authors had shown any real understanding of the game. They hadn't. They couldn't even agree on the formation used. There were comments like "433 is outdated", "why is he playing 4231?" and "442 isn't the way forward".

They also forgot that Rangers are further forward in their preparation as they have already played Europa League qualifying games........

Mel has said, as he did with Clement et al that promotion is the aim but not a demand, the playing style should develop and he should make good use of the Academy players. Those are the KPI's.

We are fortunate on this forum that we have a distinct lack of knee jerk reactionists. That leads me to another point in that FB thread. People who following the previous pre season games had been saying we needed a new keeper as none of them were any good now had Roos as MOTM and the reason it wasn't 6........ a little consistency in their outpourings wouldn't go amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    It was a friendly, no points lost!!! Jack Marriott and Duane Holmes to come back and a few new signings on the way.

Think a few of you are going overboard, let's wait and see what we're like after the first 10 matches, some tough fixtures
    in there too!
    What Bollox

You wait 10 matches season over, transfer window shut, then what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I had the embarrassment of watching that on Rangers TV with a bunch of Rangers supporting family members. They actually stopped taking the piss towards the end, they really felt sorry for me. Jesus wept and so will we if that's the standard
    Andy got to agree that was embarrassing We won't be keeping many clean sheets with that set up . Rosenior needs to teach Bogle and Malone how to defend

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I had a go on a Facebook thread I read yesterday evening. I haven't seentt the game yet as I was out at a family birthday.

There are a few facts that need looking at like pre season results have little or no bearing on the season ahead. A crap pre season has seen clubs promote and a great one has led to relegation. Like, during their one month off, players have not let themselves go. They go away for a month holiday, unless involved in international games then they get less. During that time they have targets. They are allowed to put a couple of pounds on but no more than that. They are expected to do some training in order to remain reasonably fit. After 11 months of hard work the body NEEDS a bit of a rest. That is what they get, a BIT of a rest. You wouldn't expect a computer programmer to go to Cyprus on holiday and then have to write code for an hour or two a day to "keep his hand in" so why expect a footballer to train up to 3 or 4 hours a day (afternoon work will be something they will do a lot of under Cocu)?

The wrist slashers were out in force, bad, awful, we're doomed etc etc etc all in that one FB thread. I read it and replied that I might take the comments seriously if the authors had shown any real understanding of the game. They hadn't. They couldn't even agree on the formation used. There were comments like "433 is outdated", "why is he playing 4231?" and "442 isn't the way forward".

They also forgot that Rangers are further forward in their preparation as they have already played Europa League qualifying games........

Mel has said, as he did with Clement et al that promotion is the aim but not a demand, the playing style should develop and he should make good use of the Academy players. Those are the KPI's.

We are fortunate on this forum that we have a distinct lack of knee jerk reactionists. That leads me to another point in that FB thread. People who following the previous pre season games had been saying we needed a new keeper as none of them were any good now had Roos as MOTM and the reason it wasn't 6........ a little consistency in their outpourings wouldn't go amiss.
    MA let us know when you have watched it what your feelings are You may change your mind . If course it's only a friendly but that's no excuse for the performance Lawrence and Zoon put in. Also over 2,000 fans travelled to Glasgow they at least deserve to see effort

Without watching it, mista, I won't be changing my mind about any correlation between pre season results and how you actually do in the League. My mind will never change on that. Nor on the state players come back from the closed season in. They aren't as fit as they were prior to the closed season but they are not unfit and not vastly overweight as that would result in some heavy fines. Nor will I change my mind on eejits spouting crap on FB when they can't even fathom out what formation we are using. Rangers have already got competitive games under their belts. that will be an advantage for them.

Have I missed anything from my earlier post that might get changed when I have seen the full 90?

With regard to the full backs, I have said in other threads that both go forward too often leaving us with a back 2. That is, IMO, tactically inept. That they keep doing it indicates that Cocu (as was Lampard) is quite happy with that. I'm not. One goes up, the other stays back. Simple. A full back's 1st priority must still be a defensive one.

[QUOTE=MadAmster;39282203]Without watching it, mista, I won't be changing my mind about any correlation between pre season results and how you actually do in the League. My mind will never change on that. Nor on the state players come back from the closed season in. They aren't as fit as they were prior to the closed season but they are not unfit and not vastly overweight as that would result in some heavy fines. Nor will I change my mind on eejits spouting crap on FB when they can't even fathom out what formation we are using. Rangers have already got competitive games under their belts. that will be an advantage for them.

Have I missed anything from my earlier post that might get changed when I have seen the full 90?

With regard to the full backs, I have said in other threads that both go forward too often leaving us with a back 2. That is, IMO, tactically inept. That they keep doing it indicates that Cocu (as was Lampard) is quite happy with that. I'm not. One goes up, the other stays back. Simple. A full back's 1st priority must still be a defensive one.[/QUOTE

The only time last season Derby had much of an attacking threat was when the fullbacks pressed on and overloaded the opposition on both flanks
    If that's what we do, any coach will tell you, that one of the midfield will drop to make a three
    so you seem tactically inept. I suggest you watch the display yesterday
    I don't buy this not fit crap
    without Mount , & Wilson last season we were pretty average, that's what it looks like this season unless the quality issue is addressed with at least 3 more
    after 10 matches season over

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)