+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 1 - Inverness home

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Robson is in his twenties Terry,you need to read the post mate i said YOUTH players.
    Yeah but he's relevant as he came through our youth set-up during the ST years.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah but he's relevant as he came through our youth set-up during the ST years.
    The ST legacy i refer to is our relegation and the massive cut backs the club had to make.The point i was making is maybe the better ****age players have went to Dens rather than Tannadice since the Thompson's wrecked the club.I reckon their 16 year old i watched on Sunday will be sold for decent money one day but i cannie see us making big money from the sale of Robson.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    So do i but the 16 year old Dundee player(i honestly don't know his name) was well worth a start even against the highlander's.At this present time its probably fair to say that DFC have the better youth players than us due to the ST years.
    I disagree, Banks got loaned out to Clyde last year and did very well. Mochrie is the current first choice No.10 for Scotland U17s and has 7 caps and is a 2003. United also had 2 other boys in a recent Scotland U17 setup (No Dundee Boys) The 3 Dundee boys while good are 2002's so a bit older and not in the scotland setup.

Exactly. Basing your opinion of both clubs youth setups on one player in one match is fundamental wrong.

Put your cash on a drab 1-1 draw. Since we got relegated to the scrap heap No one at tannadice has managed to decipher that you have to come flying out the traps from the word go to set the pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownunder View Post
    Put your cash on a drab 1-1 draw. Since we got relegated to the scrap heap No one at tannadice has managed to decipher that you have to come flying out the traps from the word go to set the pace.
    ^^^This^^^

Saturday will be the fourth season that I say the same thing on the way to Match day 1: we need tohit our opponents like a train and make a statement of intent.

Will this season be the season for United to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownunder View Post
    100% AGREE !!!

As I keep saying, the best form of defence is attack, take the game to each opponent straight from kick-off. Won’t always result in a win, but will more often than not. If we took that approach each game, I’d take it on the chin when things didn’t work out, but won’t take poor results this season, if we continue to set up defensively, and start each game tentatively passing side-ways and backwards continually between defence and midfield. It’s not on!!

It’s what Hibs did when they won the league, and while they did have some blips along the way, teams genuinely feared playing them because of their intent. We need to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    100% AGREE !!!

As I keep saying, the best form of defence is attack, take the game to each opponent straight from kick-off. Won’t always result in a win, but will more often than not. If we took that approach each game, I’d take it on the chin when things didn’t work out, but won’t take poor results this season, if we continue to set up defensively, and start each game tentatively passing side-ways and backwards continually between defence and midfield. It’s not on!!

It’s what Hibs did when they won the league, and while they did have some blips along the way, teams genuinely feared playing them because of their intent. We need to do the same.
    no way Neilson will change mate

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    no way Neilson will change mate
    Exactly, not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Exactly, not going to happen.
    Well the stubborn bassa will just get the wrath of the fans when it goes Pete Tong, and it will be 100% justified IMO.

Ray did the same, we know how that ended...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)