+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predictions for the coming season

Predictions for the coming season

Based on the pre season we have had, the signings we have made and the fact that we have DS in charge, I would take a punt on the fact we have a better team/squad that half the other teams in the Prem and on a par with the likes of Everton and Wolves. I also wouldn’t be surprised, and here’s a bold prediction, that we could finish above Man Utd.

Hey......I’m optimistic!

Wow mate, that’s uber optimistic, fair play to ya.

A handy, pressure free 12th-15th, and I’m a happy bunny.

I just want us to stay up and I don't want any bed sheet writers or DS naysayers (who all seem to have ****ed off) to come out if we struggle. I don't want a relegation fight at all. And I am hoping we get 7 to 12 points from out first few home games.

I think we will finish above Newcastle, Brighton, Sheff, Norwich, Southampton, Bournemouth, Burnley...

So I would say 13th then

Haha great post Picasso. You could be right though.

How many United players would you want at villa. Not many.
    In fact our team so far looks incredible and I expect an upgrade on our keeper too.

I reckon top 7.

I wouldn't mind Rashford!

First season can be a strange one, clubs like Newcastle, Sunderland, Ipswich and now Wolves to name a few have gone up & done really well over the years. Who would have thought that Leicester, bottom of the league at Christmas would stay up then win it by a comfortable margin. A solid start to get the confidence flowing through the team is so important.

11th to 14th

Think we could sneak in between 10/12 th but would honestly be happy to stay up as long as it’s not decided on the last day.

a comfortable 12th-13th would be awesome first season back.

Didnt Burnley finish 7th in their first season? Its all about team work, clicking and a bit of luck. I think we should be looking for a top 10 finish.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Didnt Burnley finish 7th in their first season? Its all about team work, clicking and a bit of luck. I think we should be looking for a top 10 finish.
    We will be looking higher than that. Dean Smith and John Terry will be telling them there's no reason we can't win the league! Aim high, finish lower, have some realism and don't be disappointed at 12th haha

Ha ha Sam. You know, as I was reading through this thread, I thought we need to be aiming to win the whole thing!

Sam, you can present the final VMDLYH write up in your pants if we achieve!

But I'd be thrilled with a comfortable 12th or 13th too. Giggles. It's going to be a season of many challenges, but I'm excited.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)