+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton and Bury games likely to be suspended....latest update, what a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Beyond a joke
    Wait until the news about Sheffield Wednesday’s financial black hole gets a public airing.

Could be a better joke

How is Bolton playing though, have they even got a enough players ?

I suppose he could drag the academy player in
    Last edited by millertop; 29-07-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Wait until the news about Sheffield Wednesday’s financial black hole gets a public airing.

Could be a better joke
    Can’t wait

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    How is Bolton playing though, have they even got a enough players ?
    According to Bolton fans they don’t have enough players. Either Parkinson is going to be busy recruiting this week or they may have to play some of the youngsters.
    I wonder if Taylor and Forde are up for it ??

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    According to Bolton fans they don’t have enough players. Either Parkinson is going to be busy recruiting this week or they may have to play some of the youngsters. I wonder if Taylor and Forde are up for it ??
    Hey Frank, I dont really know about Bury's situation here to be honest. But it really angers me what Bolton have been allowed to get away with for far too long now, regarding their finances. And yes it makes it worse that they sent us down in the last few minutes on the last day of the previous season, while their finances were still an absolute illegal joke against all EFL rules!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Frank, I dont really know about Bury's situation here to be honest. But it really angers me what Bolton have been allowed to get away with for far too long now, regarding their finances. And yes it makes it worse that they sent us down in the last few minutes on the last day of the previous season, while their finances were still an absolute illegal joke against all EFL rules!.
    Fair comment but you can’t blame Bolton supporters. It should be a warning to other clubs to operate within their means and ‘ cut they’re cloth ‘ to suit.
    EFL are only part of the problem although I don’t think they should have left it till a few days from kickoff to sort it.
    If Bury FC can’t show the EFL that they are viable by Friday then their game with Accrington on the 10th will also be cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Fair comment but you can’t blame Bolton supporters. It should be a warning to other clubs to operate within their means and ‘ cut they’re cloth ‘ to suit. EFL are only part of the problem although I don’t think they should have left it till a few days from kickoff to sort it. If Bury FC can’t show the EFL that they are viable by Friday then their game with Accrington on the 10th will also be cancelled.
    Ohh no I never blame fans for what their clubs are doing off the field, and in the board room etc.
    I think Phil Parkinson has done well to stay loyal to them/Bolton during all this nonsense, but if their relegation style results carry on, then he wont last much longer I reckon.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/5...ion-talksport/
    Last edited by Acido; 29-07-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ohh no I never blame fans for what their clubs are doing off the field, and in the board room etc.
    I think Phil Parkinson has done well to stay loyal to them/Bolton during all this nonsense, but if their relegation style results carry on, then he wont last much longer I reckon.
    All depends on how much cash new owners Football Ventures have for investment on the playing side. Priority should be to make sure staff get their salary on time and paying creditors, HMRC included. Parkinson is a decent manager however minus twelve points won’t help, we’ve been there on -17 so we know what it’s like.
    My guess is it’s going to be a long season for Bolton.
    A chase for the Premiership and overspending doesn’t always work out as planned.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 29-07-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Yep, I agree Frank and its a horrible situation to be in.
    We hit rock bottom by suffering relegation AND going into administration as well in the dreaded year of 2002 (and we got our begging buckets out didnt we!)!. Aww we honestly didnt know where the next chunk of positive light was going to come from at that time, it really brings back poor memories for us all.
    And then step forward Mr Peter Doyle, our saviour..

Come on Animal, you've surely got summat to say about this time for our club, and about Mr Doyle lol.
    Last edited by Acido; 29-07-2019 at 11:42 PM.

I'm struggling to find any sympathy for Bolton. They had it all and blew it but continued to go on like they still had it all despite having nothing. Now they've blagged the EFL committee once again.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast