+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton and Bury games likely to be suspended....latest update, what a mess.

I’ve never wanted either to be kicked out even if through it’s their own fault but I wasn’t expecting it to drag on and on

They bit h need to be either her kicked out or a more suitable punishment because it just isn’t right on other clubs in the same league.

Demote both to conference if they are taken over

EFL needs a new board that know what they are doing and know football, backbone definitely helps.

27th Aug Bolton have or they will be given same treatment as Bury

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’ve never wanted either to be kicked out even if through it’s their own fault but I wasn’t expecting it to drag on and on

They bit h need to be either her kicked out or a more suitable punishment because it just isn’t right on other clubs in the same league.

Demote both to conference if they are taken over

EFL needs a new board that know what they are doing and know football, backbone definitely helps.

27th Aug Bolton have or they will be given same treatment as Bury
    Same treatment as Bury? So that'll just be the can kicked even further down the road then 🙁

I'm struggling to understand the fuss on here about this.

Bury and Bolton have long histories and dedicated supporters for whom a loss of their club would be a tragedy. In addition the clubs employ people and there will be businesses in those towns that rely upon matchday trade. The disgrace would be if the EFL didn't give them time to try to sort themselves out. Rotherham have had well documented troubles in the past and the EFL allowed time for them to be sorted out

And why should Rotherham supporters get so het up? Okay, Bolton are fiielding an uncompetitive team - and so will Bury if they survive - but you could say that Rotherham did that in the 2016/17 season. It happens in football.

Assuming that they sort themselves out, they may try to improve their squads in the January window, but that is something that every team has the option of doing.

The Millers never called off a fixture a couple of days before the match was scheduled with no consultation with the Football League or our opponents though, so not quite the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I'm struggling to understand the fuss on here about this.

Bury and Bolton have long histories and dedicated supporters for whom a loss of their club would be a tragedy. In addition the clubs employ people and there will be businesses in those towns that rely upon matchday trade. The disgrace would be if the EFL didn't give them time to try to sort themselves out. Rotherham have had well documented troubles in the past and the EFL allowed time for them to be sorted out

And why should Rotherham supporters get so het up? Okay, Bolton are fiielding an uncompetitive team - and so will Bury if they survive - but you could say that Rotherham did that in the 2016/17 season. It happens in football.

Assuming that they sort themselves out, they may try to improve their squads in the January window, but that is something that every team has the option of doing.
    I think that many on here feel rightly or wrongly that there is an uneven playing field particularly in Bolton's case. In my opinion what they did to Doncaster was wrong as they did not consult either the club or the organising body.

Additionally, there is at this moment a league that has some clubs (Millers) having played 3 and others on 5. Yes I know it will even itself out but it still does not feel right. We, along with Luton and Bournemouth were given huge point penalties and had had to put our houses in order. At the moment the EFL have a kid glove approach. I do not think that is to the benefit of Bolton or Bury in the long run. It would be a sad day but other clubs have made comebacks after similar experiences. For example Accrington, Newport and Wimbledon.
    Last edited by Galley On; 26-08-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Bury are selling tickets for Saturday’s match at home to Donny rovers, so things must be looking a bit better for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    I think that many on here feel rightly or wrongly that there is an uneven playing field particularly in Bolton's case. In my opinion what they did to Doncaster was wrong as they did not consult either the club or the organising body.

Additionally, there is at this moment a league that has some clubs (Millers) having played 3 and others on 5. Yes I know it will even itself out but it still does not feel right. We, along with Luton and Bournemouth were given huge point penalties and had had to put our houses in order. At the moment the EFL have a kid glove approach. I do not think that is to the benefit of Bolton or Bury in the long run. It would be a sad day but other clubs have made comebacks after similar experiences. For example Accrington, Newport and Wimbledon.
    Just on the point of the kid glove approach. Of course we were made to put our house in order. But remember it took us 7 years from Millers 05 going bust, leaving Millmoor and finally getting back to playing back in Rotherham and getting the club on an even keel.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I expect them to not let owners take over who are not really that financially stable then just watch them get in a serious mess
    Millers 05 or Coleman would not have been allowed to take us over. We may have gone under in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Expelling Bury and Bolton.
    How many more times are the EFL going to kick the can down the road and continue to allow the competition they are responsible for descend even further into farce?
    The current situation with these two clubs is nonsensical and impacting unfairly on other clubs.
    Then, when the EFL have grasped the nettle and taken that difficult decision, it must urgently review its processes and be prepared to implement radical change with the objective of preventing similar situations happen again.
    None of this will happen of course and ineptitude will remain the order of the day.
    Agree its a short mess and devalues the league. But also see the EFL has some duty to fans of these clubs to give them every chance to stay afloat and be around another 100 years. Look at our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It does seem as though the EFL have no policy on this and they are making it up as they go along
    Or simply giving these clubs every chance to remain in business.

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast