+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton and Bury games likely to be suspended....latest update, what a mess.

The Bury owner was deemed to be a fit and proper person by the efl when he took over.
    Now it appears as though he was not fit to run a football club.
    So it's not just the efl,s mishandling if Bolton that's under the spotlight

No matter how much money a club has it'll spend it all!

No matter who is in charge of a club the supporters suffer more than any player, employee or manager!

Having the fit and proper test for chairmen is a great idea as long as there is a queue of people wanting a club!

We've had good people keeping the club alive at their own personal cost because they have been fans of the club. We've had chairmen who have squandered the clubs money for self gratification and stature and we've been bleeding lucky with the one we have now.

The massive prize of the Premiership is too easy to get to nowadays especially if you have the cash to get into a club, pay overhyped wages on players and can afford to buy the clubs ground for £80m to keep within the rules of the game.

You have clubs buying players on a pay you next year scheme, you have the scheme run at Leeds where it was finance companies that owned the players and the club was paying over the odds as well as stupid wages. Leeds have yet to recover.

Everyclub in the Premiership will suffer hardship is they are relegated unless the offload all of their players on big money salaries.

Some players are still paid by their previous clubs long after they have left, managers and their staff are regulary paid a wage long after they have failed in the role they were employed to do.

All of this is a drain on what should be seen by most supporters as community clubs. I feel the TS has brough Rotherham United back into the community in lots of ways! It's a lucky break that our club had a decade or so ago.

I hope that every club will have their own version of TS but there will always be the idiots that gamble the soul of each community club for their own pleasure and not give two figs what will happen to it once they have left after screwing it up.

My heart goes out to all of the supporters but there is a way back after the dust has settled and they have a clean sheet again. Wimbledon and Newport are great examples.

I wish them well!

Frog, nice post pal.

If they can’t keep within the spending then it’s their own fault , stop with the stars in your eyes and just live within means and maybe you’ll get their one day (Prem)

Stop throwing disgusting money at players who are not worth the kind of money that is being thrown about.

It’s the fans I feel for who support their club no matter what

Does he have a point? Tbh I don’t hear of EFL helping Bury out money wise unlike Bolton

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49168333

IF the reports I've read that EFL have subbed Notlob Wanderers then yes without a doubt
    Still waiting for their deduction for failing to fulfill a fixture (which won't happen !)

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    No matter how much money a club has it'll spend it all!

No matter who is in charge of a club the supporters suffer more than any player, employee or manager!

Having the fit and proper test for chairmen is a great idea as long as there is a queue of people wanting a club!

We've had good people keeping the club alive at their own personal cost because they have been fans of the club. We've had chairmen who have squandered the clubs money for self gratification and stature and we've been bleeding lucky with the one we have now.

The massive prize of the Premiership is too easy to get to nowadays especially if you have the cash to get into a club, pay overhyped wages on players and can afford to buy the clubs ground for £80m to keep within the rules of the game.

You have clubs buying players on a pay you next year scheme, you have the scheme run at Leeds where it was finance companies that owned the players and the club was paying over the odds as well as stupid wages. Leeds have yet to recover.

Everyclub in the Premiership will suffer hardship is they are relegated unless the offload all of their players on big money salaries.

Some players are still paid by their previous clubs long after they have left, managers and their staff are regulary paid a wage long after they have failed in the role they were employed to do.

All of this is a drain on what should be seen by most supporters as community clubs. I feel the TS has brough Rotherham United back into the community in lots of ways! It's a lucky break that our club had a decade or so ago.

I hope that every club will have their own version of TS but there will always be the idiots that gamble the soul of each community club for their own pleasure and not give two figs what will happen to it once they have left after screwing it up.

My heart goes out to all of the supporters but there is a way back after the dust has settled and they have a clean sheet again. Wimbledon and Newport are great examples.

I wish them well!
    I'm not convinced that we have had owners who have who have 'squandered the clubs money for self gratification and stature'. It's far more likely that they have squandered their own money trying, in part, to meet the unrealistic demands of supporters.

Tony Stewart is spending his own money (or that of his businesses) to subsidise the club, but it won't stop people complaining if the performance of the club doesn't meet their expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    IF the reports I've read that EFL have subbed Notlob Wanderers then yes without a doubt
    Still waiting for their deduction for failing to fulfill a fixture (which won't happen !)
    Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Does he have a point? Tbh I don’t hear of EFL helping Bury out money wise unlike Bolton

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49168333
    I’ve not read anywhere whereby the EFL have bailed Bolton out with cash.The PFA have provided them with a couple of repayable loans to pay players.
    EFL have done very little apart from work to their rules & regulations and let the situation develop into a farce.
    Especially Bury FC who say there was no need to cancel their game this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I'm not convinced that we have had owners who have who have 'squandered the clubs money for self gratification and stature'. It's far more likely that they have squandered their own money trying, in part, to meet the unrealistic demands of supporters.

Tony Stewart is spending his own money (or that of his businesses) to subsidise the club, but it won't stop people complaining if the performance of the club doesn't meet their expectations.
    I think you are probably correct in most instances but in Bury,s case the two previous owners may have used the club to fund their other businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    I’ve not read anywhere whereby the EFL have bailed Bolton out with cash.The PFA have provided them with a couple of repayable loans to pay players.
    EFL have done very little apart from work to their rules & regulations and let the situation develop into a farce.
    Especially Bury FC who say there was no need to cancel their game this Saturday.
    Correct Casper it is PFA , gets confusing reading it from EFL forums.
    PFA have gave quite a lot out (loan) and will still continue to do so but it still seems that they’re helping Bolton and Bury so how is that ? It’s wrong to give to one and not the other even if the excuse is it’s for the unpaid players .

Gordon Taylor has told talkSPORT the PFA is providing loans to help out Bolton’s unpaid players, and has slammed for English Football League for failing one of their historic founding clubs.

He also went on to say;
    We’ve said to the EFL, ‘you’ve got to be strong enough to enforce your own regulations otherwise you’re leaving us no alternative but to go to FIFA’, the world governing body, where they will give those clubs sanctions and will determine whether they exist or not.
    Last edited by millertop; 31-07-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast