+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton and Bury games likely to be suspended....latest update, what a mess.

I honestly think (I’ve said it before) that EFL need to clear the board and fetch new blood in.

It seems like they haven’t got a clue what to do (clowns)

Yes indeed. Incompetent

Get your house in order EFL.

Statement from Bury chairman

The Chairman has issued the following statement:

We, as a Club are saddened by recent events from a body who should have the best interest of Clubs as it’s primary objective, clearly this is not the case.

We, as a Club had come through such adversity left from the previous owner and had started to make headway, the majority of rot had been cut out and the atmosphere at our Training Ground was fantastic, where a positive air had started to replace the despondency of the legacy. New players were arriving with an open mind and looking forward to the new season as were our fantastic new staff.

We thought we were finalizing with the EFL on any outstanding matters that needed addressing, they were fully aware that SAG were happy with our progress and upon the lighting replacement being completed ALL matters were concluded and the certificates would be issued the next day. The Council also confirmed this to the EFL so no worries fulfilling fixtures.

Our CVA had been put forward and we had proven to the courts our ability to fund it and it was passed after 5 months of hard work, this closed off the past where creditors would be dealt with by the administrator, or so we thought.

We submitted all that we were asked to by the EFL in the week prior to their “statement” not as they stated, “not submitted.” So as far as we were concerned we were up to date and requested they lift the embargo so we could sign our players as we were running the risk of losing them.

We then received an email explaining they felt it prudent to amend our cash flow/business plan to show a £1.5m loss and they required additional funding, as this was not factual we challenged their assertion as it was based we were advised on “sensitised feel” not facts, we forwarded the facts to qualify our plan and dismiss their “sensitised feel.”

So at this point, we felt all had been covered and we could continue with the upward trajectory we were on, get our players signed and all was good, Bury was on its way.

THEN THE INFAMOUS EFL STATEMENTS

I was advised by the EFL chair that board pressure had been put on her to send out a statement, however, she had the decency to advise me by phone prior, which was and has always been appreciated.

I explained all the matters were covered, we had spoken and agreed in principle the player debt with the PFA and within the CVA, the CVA administrator sent a letter to the EFL confirming all was as it should be and he was happy creditors would be met within it. They had our business plan and to save the matter protracting we sent proof of funds to cover the fictional £1.5m loss, furthermore, they had been contacted by the Council informing them the SAG licences had been cleared.

They still, however, felt it prudent to ignore the facts and send out the incendiary statement for no gain to anybody other than to discredit Bury FC and it’s Board.

The effect of that to our Club has been unrest in players thinking there would be no Club, loss of players, sponsors pulling out and 5 months of hard work being destroyed by them, then you have the subsequent media garbage inciting unrest and the trolls rearing their sorry heads again, all based on ill truths or at best negative spin, for what?

They then contacted Jill Neville late at night to say a further statement was being put out, our Staff and the Club Lawyer tried to contact them to no avail to ask what was their next statement based on as they had everything, it turned out the game would not go ahead?

They contacted us giving us more time, we asked what further could be given, our cash flow was solid, the mythical £1.5m requirement was covered should it ever be needed by an offer letter and they themselves advised “The EFL is aware the £1.5m may not be required it's a worst-case scenario forecast. It may never need to be drawn down on.” And again they were advised the PFA were working with us on a settlement however this was covered by the CVA, so you would assume once again all good.

Then the EFL meeting last night and subsequent statement, where they decided the POF letter of £1.5m was not sufficient they wanted money in the bank to cover the requirement they themselves say is not needed, and let’s not forget, in addition to our positive cash flow, the EFL have withheld payments to the Club of £569,493 including August payment, not the actions of a body there to help, but certainly if released would cover possible eventualities they deem prevalent. They also disputed our agreement with the PFA even though our Lawyer and prominent third parties were privy to this. Still, they postpone the match and again for what gain?

I am unsure at this juncture where Bury go when the body that should be there to help us works against us, however, I felt it important to set the record straight and hope the EFL try to be reasonable.

We, as a Club, promise you that we will challenge this injustice in whatever forum necessary.

Yours sincerely,

Steven D Dale

Club News Statement Chairman
    Advertisement block

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    I’ve not read anywhere whereby the EFL have bailed Bolton out with cash.The PFA have provided them with a couple of repayable loans to pay players.
    EFL have done very little apart from work to their rules & regulations and let the situation develop into a farce.
    Especially Bury FC who say there was no need to cancel their game this Saturday.
    Sorry my mi-read, but why can't they also help Bury ?

Professional Footballers' Association to rescue Bolton with £2m loan ...
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Prof...ue-Bolton-2m-l...
    2 days ago - The future of Bolton Wanderers is close to being secured — thanks to a £2million loan from the Professional Footballers’ Association. ... The English Football League gave Bolton, who have been in administration since May, until 5pm on Monday to show they could meet ‘all outstanding ...

Bury: Winding-up petition against League One club dismissed by High Court

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49178564

Bury v Stanley also suspended

I don’t get it, how is that but Bolton can play (reserves team?) and also sign players ?

I think Bolton may have given some assurances over an impending takeover. Those due to take over may be pumping money into the club already so the EFL see a potential solution.
    I'm not aware of anything happening at Bury apart from the current owner wants to sell up

Read somewhere Bury owner can’t guarantee they are viable to complete the season or pay creditors cash that’s owed to them.
    Different situation to Bolton who have borrowed £2M from the PFA.
    Not looking good for Bury and we play them in a night match in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Read somewhere Bury owner can’t guarantee they are viable to complete the season or pay creditors cash that’s owed to them. Different situation to Bolton who have borrowed £2M from the PFA.
    Not looking good for Bury and we play them in a night match in the near future.
    Its a shame for Bury after recently winning promotion, and that probably feels like it never happened now!.
    I do feel sorry for them more than the likes of Bolton to be honest, and Im tired of hearing that its a shame that they/Bolton are one of this countries oldest clubs etc. Well they should know better then shouldnt they!!.

If Bolton qualify for a EFL loan,why not Bury?They have made a right mess of all this by not being consistent,just like the punishments given out to various clubs.We got the full whacking while other so called bigger clubs escaped.Bolton have been very very lucky not to be expelled over a number of rules broken.If Bury are not allowed to play us, we will have two consecutive matches postponed through no fault of our own!!!

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast