+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton and Bury games likely to be suspended....latest update, what a mess.

The thing is Brin, I don't want to see any club go under, but when a club single handedly decide to cancel a game of professional football ,and not even because they didn't have a team, then a strong message has to be sent out ,not just to them, but to anyone else who deems they don't want to play for whatever reason.
    Your bit about the Stewart family is spot on, what TS has done for us in a relatively short time is incredible, and long may it continue.
    Last edited by Ronners; 20-08-2019 at 11:13 AM.

I've said it before and no doubt I will say it again: The EFL are a shambles, a national disgrace, and could not organise a pi$$ up on a Millers supporters coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Well ferkin step in and bring this sham to an end! It reminds me when Man Utd told the FA they were not going to play in the FA Cup as they had plans to make more money playing abroad! No backbone from the FA then.
    Not that it makes it any better mate but they withdrew at the FA's request.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Not that it makes it any better mate but they withdrew at the FA's request.
    True, the FA thought that Man U playing in the World Team Championship would help their bid for the 2006 World Cup.
    Well, that went well.

Bolton are a total disgrace. They were not bothered about the players when they were not paying them last season, or loaning players and fiddling their parent clubs out of transfer fees. Yes i feel sorry for the fans, but what about the Donny fans who have bought tickets, made arrangements to get there?

The EFL need to Give Donny 3 points via a 3-0 win and deduct Bolton 10 points. This will make a statement. Of course there's as much chance of the gutless sods doing that as finding rocking horse poo at the bottom of the garden. Rant over!

Has the EFL officially postponed the match now? Statement last night was rather open-ended.
    BBC football website says that the match is off - I'm guessing they would have checked with the EFL first

I don't fully understand the often stated "I don't want to see any club go under" sentiment.
    Yes, I can both empathise and sympathise with supporters who are suffering through no fault of their own but the type of nonsense surrounding Bury and Bolton demonstrates much of what is wrong with football and it has to end.
    We have a shambolic and woefully weak ruling body who seem incapable of dealing with two shambolic and financially incompetent clubs to the extent that other clubs in the league are suffering through no fault of their own and the integrity of the whole competition is being shredded.
    Points deductions don't work, fines don't work so kick them both out and it might just serve as a warning to other clubs that there really are severe penalties in existence for gross mismanagement and a blatant flouting of the rules.

Something happened?
    Refs appointment, we’re not here due to incompetence but Bury are

Tranmere Rovers v Bury (15:00)

CHRISTOPHER SARGINSON

Assistants: Alan Clayton and Joe Clark

Fourth Official: Conor Brown

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I don't fully understand the often stated "I don't want to see any club go under" sentiment.
    Yes, I can both empathise and sympathise with supporters who are suffering through no fault of their own but the type of nonsense surrounding Bury and Bolton demonstrates much of what is wrong with football and it has to end.
    We have a shambolic and woefully weak ruling body who seem incapable of dealing with two shambolic and financially incompetent clubs to the extent that other clubs in the league are suffering through no fault of their own and the integrity of the whole competition is being shredded.
    Points deductions don't work, fines don't work so kick them both out and it might just serve as a warning to other clubs that there really are severe penalties in existence for gross mismanagement and a blatant flouting of the rules.
    Well after this latest fiasco from Bolton I fully agree with you.

You have to laugh that Bolton state they’ve been forced to postpone the game, someone hold a gun to their heads?
    Last edited by millertop; 20-08-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Well after this latest fiasco from Bolton I fully agree with you.

You have to laugh that Bolton state they’ve been forced to postpone the game, someone hold a gun to their heads?
    Well exactly MT and let's not forget this Bolton fiasco has carried over from last season when they failed to fulfill their fixtures and still haven't been punished for it.

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast