+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton and Bury games likely to be suspended....latest update, what a mess.

Steve Dale has turned down the offer by the former Chairman to buy the club!

Is this guy for real? Is he truly hiding something he doesn’t want finding out?

Tick tick as they say..... bye bye Bury?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Have you lost your tock?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Have you lost your tock?
    (Tockney rhyming slang?)

Steve Dale only paid £1 so you would have thought he would relish to chance to get rid of the problem.
    Unfortunately for Bury fans it's a lot more complicated than that.

Fridays deadline is fast approaching and there's only going to be one outcome

CV or for you USA based fans a resume:-

British former tennis player and current sports executive.
    Former junior Wimbledon champion and played in ten Grand Slam singles draws between 1979 and 1983.
    Best result being the fourth round of Wimbledon.
    In 1978 reached the quarter finals of the mixed doubles event at Wimbledon.

In 1987, took up a role of director of the Women's Game at the International Tennis Federation
    In 1991 became general secretary of ITF
    In 2003 appointed as director of sports for London 2012.
    Took over the post of chief executive for the 2015 Rugby World Cup

Impressive isn't it?

No mention of football either professionally or at grass roots level. Never played the game, nor officiated in it.

This is the CV of the EFL Chair/Chairperson Debby Jevons

Then you wonder why it's a mess.

It's the "transferable skills" approach to management... if you've been a useless manager of say a biscuit factory, you transfer that incompetence (with a big pay rise usually) to, for example, running a nuclear power plant... oo-er

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    It's the "transferable skills" approach to management... if you've been a useless manager of say a biscuit factory, you transfer that incompetence (with a big pay rise usually) to, for example, running a nuclear power plant... oo-er

Lol yeah, like Homer Simpson

Bury face being expelled from the League on Friday if Dale cannot provide details of his funding - according to journalist David Conn

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

I don't think it's Bury's former chairman who's made an offer. I think it's Norman Smurthwaite, former chairman of Port Vale.
    The bidder has apparently agreed to pay the debts agreed under the CVA except for £900,000 claimed by Dale himself, being 25% of £3.6 million directors loan. The bidder disputes the validity of that claim. Dale wants his £900 grand and has turned the offer down - believing he can do better apparently. Stinks to high heaven this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I don't fully understand the often stated "I don't want to see any club go under" sentiment.
    Yes, I can both empathise and sympathise with supporters who are suffering through no fault of their own but the type of nonsense surrounding Bury and Bolton demonstrates much of what is wrong with football and it has to end.
    We have a shambolic and woefully weak ruling body who seem incapable of dealing with two shambolic and financially incompetent clubs to the extent that other clubs in the league are suffering through no fault of their own and the integrity of the whole competition is being shredded.
    Points deductions don't work, fines don't work so kick them both out and it might just serve as a warning to other clubs that there really are severe penalties in existence for gross mismanagement and a blatant flouting of the rules.
    Why can't you understand the "I don't want to see any club go under" sentiment? You say you sympathise with the supporters of these clubs and yet it suggests you don't care if they do go under. I personally don't want them , or any team to go under, kick them out of the league for flouting the rules, now that's another thing, we are all football supporters at the end of the day and we should give more of a thought to the supporters of these clubs, and what they are going through.

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast