+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best starting 11......so far

Best starting 11......so far

..............Steer
    Guilbert..........Targett
    ....Engels......Mings...
    ..............Luiz..............
    ....McGinn.....Grealish
    Trezeget............Elghazi
    ..............Wesley..............

Thoughts?

That would be it for me, Dave, at Home anyway. Spurs away, 1st game, I think that DS might swap one of Trez or EG for Marvellous or Jota.

So many quality options, so many formations, so much to digest.

Yes, so many options which is great to see but I would select the guys to have had a full preseason with us. So from your team Dave I would replace Engels, Luiz and Trezeget with Konsa, Hourihane and Jota.

Jota gets in ahead of Trezerget based on pre season.

Steer
    Targett
    Konsa
    Mings
    Guilbert
    Luiz
    Mcginn
    Grealish
    Jota
    El Ghazi
    Wesley

Think jota definitely deserves a place in starting 11 after his pre season n not sure luiz does as haven’t seen anything of him..

We look good though that’s for sure

Aghh, its great to have so many top players at our disposal...
    Any idea whats happened to Kodija, has he gone yet and taken Hogan with him?? Back to the subject....
    I will bow to the fact Jota has had a better preseason. Yep go with that lads.

Agree with Picasso - Jota has played his way into the starting 11 and will take some shifting if his early promise continues. Think we'll see quite a lot of tinkering with the CH positions until he finds his best pairing - wonder if Chezzie will be sold.

Really difficult now isn't it.

So we have Grealish, Jota, McGinn, Hourihane, Luiz, Marvelous, El Ghazi, Trezerguet who have to fit into a midfield together. And the ts without Lansbury (who has played really well in preseason) and Green (who at least has scored).

DS likes 4 at the back and 1 up front so that leaves 5 spaces in midfield.

From youtube (I know I know &#129300 Nakamba looks like a ball winning, skillful box to box type... Similar to McGinn in that respect. Whereas Luiz looks like he sits deeper and sprays the passes.

It's great to have strength in depth. And I think that there will be 2 teams. Home and away. Or, team to face someone in our bracket like Bournemouth etc and a team to face the big boys like City and Liverpool.

Forgetting the back 4 (which arguably is even more difficult to predict) my home team midfield is this:

Nakamba
    McGinn
    Grealish

Jota
    El Ghazi/Trezerguet on rotation

My away/big boy team would be

Luiz
    Nakamba
    Hourihane
    McGinn
    Jota/El Ghazi/Trezerguet on rotation.

What are your guys' thoughts?

And apparently we are going to break our transfer record again with another striker... Who isn't Maupay 😳😳😳😳

I hear Bale's available

I kept an eye on Zimbabwe during the ACON, well Nakamba tbh. He seemed to just hover between the defensive penalty area and the halfway line, making a total nuisance of himself. Very strong and dynamic, but wasn’t great on the ball or holding onto it after he’d won it. Tbf to him though, Zimbabwe didn’t give him many options to pass to, so he was left stranded quite a lot.

I’d say he’ll pick up a few yellows this season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)