+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: You Own Private Newcastle United

You Own Private Newcastle United

Evening all,

I've not been around much of late. Erm took a step back from all social media. Suspended my facebook account to take stock of where I am 'digitally' so to speak.

Also, my professional life has been quite insane last few weeks.
    However the ship appears to be steadying it's course of late so I thought I'd chime in with 10 bob o sh!te.

Slept really well last night and after a productive day. After a cold pint with friends in the early evening, I lost track of other conversation and my mind often wonders off to more important matters.

My own version of Newcastle United.

My perfect Newcastle United is a real one.

A BatSh!t crazy, totally confusing, deeply loving, passionately hating, wonderful pain in the ass of a club.

Don't really care about winning the league anytime soon - I want to see trickery, ingenuity, flair and guile.

If I owned the club I'd want to have a team full of mayhem!

People like Ballotelli, Ben Arfa, Big Dunc etc.

I just want to see us have a go with a bit of flair and style

Lots of energy. anyone of them could hammer home a dipping cross or deftly chipped the keeper.

Much as I loved Rafa's tactical genius, when it worked you had to stand an applaud.

Top notch, I admire him as man, farther and football manager, truly top bloke.

However as much as I loved that, give me Cisse's Mental half volley against Chelsea rather than Rondon's header, quality as it was and the best No. 9 header as you are gonna see this side of 2005/6

So I'm really hoping this Saint-Maximin French fella signs.

He seems like a right moody a$shole but let's get him and hope he's AAAAWESOME... at least sometimes.

I'll take that over... Colback - Like Herpes the Ginger has come back. God bless him. Bassa!

Give me football that will make me scream with uncontrollable joy, curse at in utter disbelief and feel crestfallen but proud when a great battle has been fought and lost. You feel a begrudging respect for the opposition; a la Liverpool
    4-3.

Maybe... one day

Mint post, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Evening all,

I've not been around much of late. Erm took a step back from all social media. Suspended my facebook account to take stock of where I am 'digitally' so to speak.

Also, my professional life has been quite insane last few weeks.
    However the ship appears to be steadying it's course of late so I thought I'd chime in with 10 bob o sh!te.

Slept really well last night and after a productive day. After a cold pint with friends in the early evening, I lost track of other conversation and my mind often wonders off to more important matters.

My own version of Newcastle United.

My perfect Newcastle United is a real one.

A BatSh!t crazy, totally confusing, deeply loving, passionately hating, wonderful pain in the ass of a club.

Don't really care about winning the league anytime soon - I want to see trickery, ingenuity, flair and guile.

If I owned the club I'd want to have a team full of mayhem!

People like Ballotelli, Ben Arfa, Big Dunc etc.

I just want to see us have a go with a bit of flair and style

Lots of energy. anyone of them could hammer home a dipping cross or deftly chipped the keeper.

Much as I loved Rafa's tactical genius, when it worked you had to stand an applaud.

Top notch, I admire him as man, farther and football manager, truly top bloke.

However as much as I loved that, give me Cisse's Mental half volley against Chelsea rather than Rondon's header, quality as it was and the best No. 9 header as you are gonna see this side of 2005/6

So I'm really hoping this Saint-Maximin French fella signs.

He seems like a right moody a$shole but let's get him and hope he's AAAAWESOME... at least sometimes.

I'll take that over... Colback - Like Herpes the Ginger has come back. God bless him. Bassa!

Give me football that will make me scream with uncontrollable joy, curse at in utter disbelief and feel crestfallen but proud when a great battle has been fought and lost. You feel a begrudging respect for the opposition; a la Liverpool
    4-3.

Maybe... one day
    I done something similar Rag! More i think about it social media isn't healthy. I think its too much noise, everyone is putting the "best version" of themselves on the internet, i think at least at some level its hard not to compare yourself to what you see on social media, and the comparison itself is built on fragile ground given that most people are projecting one side of their life on social media its easy to get caught up in negative thinking patterns.

So i deleted it all, feel much better since doing so.

Anyway i agree, some excitement would be good this year!

Quote Originally Posted by nufcwelsh93 View Post
    I done something similar Rag! More i think about it social media isn't healthy. I think its too much noise, everyone is putting the "best version" of themselves on the internet, i think at least at some level its hard not to compare yourself to what you see on social media, and the comparison itself is built on fragile ground given that most people are projecting one side of their life on social media its easy to get caught up in negative thinking patterns.

So i deleted it all, feel much better since doing so.

Anyway i agree, some excitement would be good this year!
    Agree on the whole social media thing, i've not deleted it but i don't think it is healthy the amount of time people spend on it.

I've tried very hard this year to take time off from it when i go to bed and read a book, rather than scroll on my phone.

I also think it's destructive on the children of today. Working in a school i see it so much - we had a fight between 2 kids from our school and our "rival" over a social media post/picture. Cyber bullying is constantly on the up, so many kids are getting so anxious that their presentation of themselves on social media echos what is "right" by the standards of the generation.

I'm massively grateful i didn't go to school really during the social media "life".

Not in anyway related to Newcastle this mind but had to be said.

Well it is in a way as we are all here on social media and we see how toxic some people on this site are for the rest of us. So you have made some absolutely valid points you majestic Jammy Dodger...

Mmmm jammy dodger can't get those beauties for love nor money out here. 🤤🤤🤤

I know what you mean Welshie lad, it's all nonsense. Politics and society boiled down to 149 characters or whatever it is... We really are in the age of stupidity. 😂

Haha yeah man digging holes in the play ground, British Bulldog, 45 a side football matches, old fashioned physical bullying - the good kind, proper, you knew where you stood. 😂😂😂

Cheers Zippity pal.

(takes a modest bow)

ahhh I love my social media and all its done for me

I don't have a best side lol so I divvent put it forward

maybe because we had nothing like this when we were young -FFS computers were in their infancy lol and took up a whole room !

its opened up a whole new world - and got me back in contact with friends from years ago etc etc

not sure i would have liked my whole life mapped out on the internet though - so

it has its place - its wonderful and its toxic all in one go - mobiles and internet means you can't escape even for a few hours from people from whom you might need a short break hahaha -

jeez - families lol

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)