+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Notts and Forest To Donate Collection Money to Charities

Notts and Forest To Donate Collection Money to Charities

Nice to see what appears to be the Reedtz Bros. already perhaps rebuilding bridges across the Trent...

From both Notts' and Forest's OS,
    obviously with slightly different wording, before the pedants step in

"We will be joining Nottingham Forest by donating funds raised by Reds fans to charity.

Forest held a bucket collection for our unpaid staff at their home friendly against Real Sociedad last Friday.

But, with our takeover now complete and all outstanding wages paid by new owners Christoffer and Alexander Reedtz, our staff have decided the money should go to worthwhile causes of the two clubs’ choosing. A total figure raised, along with further details of the beneficiaries, will follow in due course.

Everyone at Meadow Lane would like to thank all connected with Forest for their kindness and generosity."

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/forest-bucket-collections-300719/

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2019/july/county-collection/
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-07-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Superb gesture.

Re building the bridge that H!@#$ broke

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Re building the bridge that H!@#$ broke
    Honestly, it doesn't mean that you can't (and will) have a go at us, but you don't need me to tell you that. Nevertheless, it would be good for the clubs themselves to be on good terms. Even things like you opening your bars for the away fans benefits us both, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Everyone at Meadow Lane would like to thank all connected with Forest for their kindness and generosity."
    Very nicely done, and that's the tone I'd like to see between the clubs. We all like banter, and some prefer tribal warfare, but at a club level this is how it should be, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    Very nicely done, and that's the tone I'd like to see between the clubs. We all like banter, and some prefer tribal warfare, but at a club level this is how it should be, IMHO.
    Although my mother took me to slab square to see the red dogs with the FA cup, I still love Notts and always will , however, the hate must go.