+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should we sell our talisman?

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    There's more to being a good keeper than shot stopping. Hart doesn't give his defenders confidence, he hardly ever comes to claim crosses, he doesnt talk to his back line as much as he should, he is weak down to his left which is exploited by forwards and his distribution is average.
    Loan to West Ham
    He made his debut for West Ham in a 4–0 defeat away to Manchester United and conceded 10 goals in his first three appearances they continue to ship goals for fun and are looking like relegation candidates until they drop him , results turn around and they are not relegated. apps 19 goals conceded 35
    Loan to Torino who conceded 66 goals in 38 games Hart Played 36 games conceding 62 of those goals he returns to City and the season after Torino concede just 46.
    Then He comes to Us and what was one of the meanest defences in the league the previous season suddenly leaks like a sieve and we cant buy a win regularly conceding 2, 3+ until he is dropped. 19 apps conceded 41. Tom 19 apps conceded 27

I'm pretty certain If he is no1 for anywhere near a full season we go down.
    A good Keeper comes into a team and makes the team noticeably better, Hart makes teams noticeably Worse.
    Selling Tom to Villa will make Villa considerably stronger and us weaker is that really what we should be doing for the sake of 10m. Give them Hart even pay 10k a week towards his wages make them weaker
    Sounds like a plan to me...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    AVFC back in with more money for Tom.

Should we really be selling our talisman?

Yes or No?
    I figured he was going last night when he went full width of pitch to sign an autograph just before game started.

We really can’t resist the money can we ?

Might just come back to bite us on the bum this one.

There's more to being a good keeper than shot stopping. Hart doesn't give his defenders confidence, he hardly ever comes to claim crosses, he doesnt talk to his back line as much as he should, he is weak down to his left which is exploited by forwards and his distribution is average.
    Loan to West Ham
    He made his debut for West Ham in a 4–0 defeat away to Manchester United and conceded 10 goals in his first three appearances they continue to ship goals for fun and are looking like relegation candidates until they drop him , results turn around and they are not relegated. apps 19 goals conceded 35
    Loan to Torino who conceded 66 goals in 38 games Hart Played 36 games conceding 62 of those goals he returns to City and the season after Torino concede just 46.
    Then He comes to Us and what was one of the meanest defences in the league the previous season suddenly leaks like a sieve and we cant buy a win regularly conceding 2, 3+ until he is dropped. 19 apps conceded 41. Tom 19 apps conceded 27

I'm pretty certain If he is no1 for anywhere near a full season we go down.
    A good Keeper comes into a team and makes the team noticeably better, Hart makes teams noticeably Worse.
    Selling Tom to Villa will make Villa considerably stronger and us weaker is that really what we should be doing for the sake of 10m. Give them Hart even pay 10k a week towards his wages make them weaker
    They don't want Hart, nobody does.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I figured he was going last night when he went full width of pitch to sign an autograph just before game started.

We really can’t resist the money can we ?

Might just come back to bite us on the bum this one.
    I don't think it's the money, I think Heaton wants to be playing and we can't guarantee that. Like Vokes last season, if they want to go and the price is right, we won't stand in their way.

You cannot keep 2 "Current" England Internationals happy in a squad, when Pope signed his last deal it was obvious to me that Tom Heaton would be on his way regardless of murmurings that he wasn't happy with a one year deal.

So yes its better we cash in now, regardless of it only being around 10M which I think is cheap for an England player and him going to a rival PL Club.

The only wish I have is that Joe Hart leaves as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    The only wish I have is that Joe Hart leaves as soon as possible.
    Something we can both agree on at last.

If Hart starts as our No.1 we can forget staying up it will be a case of how soon were relegated.

If Hart starts as our No.1 we can forget staying up it will be a case of how soon were relegated.
    Pope is our Number 1 whitty. Hart will be gone within the week.

Pope is our Number 1 whitty. Hart will be gone within the week.
    he may be our No.1 but NP is currently injured and hasn't had a pre season, kick off against Southampton we will have Hart in goal. Hart will start the season and as we know SD doesn't do change for the sake of change so NP will have to bide his time until Hart is dropped after numerous heavy defeats or injured but by then it could be too late.

If Hart was going next week as you say Tom wouldn't be leaving this week to a relegation rival for peanuts

I hear we're trying to get the leeds keeper Peacock somat or other in before the deadline which to me says SD doesn't have confidence A) in Hart B ) Nick being fit to start the season.

My club "source" says Pope is fit and raring to go...

Attachment 13395

he may be our No.1 but NP is currently injured and hasn't had a pre season, kick off against Southampton we will have Hart in goal. Hart will start the season and as we know SD doesn't do change for the sake of change so NP will have to bide his time until Hart is dropped after numerous heavy defeats or injured but by then it could be too late.

If Hart was going next week as you say Tom wouldn't be leaving this week to a relegation rival for peanuts

I hear we're trying to get the leeds keeper Peacock somat or other in before the deadline which to me says SD doesn't have confidence A) in Hart B ) Nick being fit to start the season.
    Or we need a new third choice keeper.

My club "source" says Pope is fit and raring to go...

Attachment 13395
    I hope he's right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)