+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Terrier Taxis Creaming It...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    They are ALL fully capped International football players, which MUST mean they can play a bit - SURELY?
    I'll say it again.... .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Has Been's.. . . . . . once was.. . . . . . not now.. . . . . . . . not good enough now..... . . . old hat.

Muhammad Ali was once World Champion and I adored him, he returned to the world stage late in his career and I felt sorry for him because he was never what he used to be.

Elton John was a good singer (some would say), played to the world and was apparently good, still plays the World circuit but he's nowhere near as good as some said he was, same with Madonna, Beckam (again some would say) was a world beater, his last year to 18 months was terrible and was only an International (so called star) for his Beckkam Brand name which was for England and Beckhams cause, not the team, no way should he have been picked again and again towards the end with up and coming players being held back.

I'm not dissing ex England Internationals who play for Burnley, they did well to get there, but they are not there now which means they are not good enough now.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Depends what you mean by "full time internationals”

If that means they played 45 minutes in a friendly against Western Samoa 12 years ago then yes I agree.
    Which one of those 16 is a first team regular in a international team?
    That should whittle it down a bit.
    There's fans' favourite Jeff Hendrick for a start and his mate Robbie Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlickBread View Post
    There's fans' favourite Jeff Hendrick for a start and his mate Robbie Brady.
    You could include JBG and Wood also but that is still a bit less than 16.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    Carlton Palmer was an England international capped player but he was never any good. how can you seriously believe because somebody was capped by England they are still good enough. Cahill has been free all summer yet nobody has snapped up this Can play a bit once England capped defender not even Sheff utd and they love an old defender.
    Cahill WAS a good defender but since turning 30 his performances have dropped off year on year, he couldn't get a game for Chelsea last season and hasn't been near an England Squad for nearly 2 years. Chelsea have had his best years and there are none left.
    How did you feel at 33 whitty? .. and without the benefit of training every day since you were about 12?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    You could include JBG and Wood also but that is still a bit less than 16.
    You only asked for one.

How did you feel at 33 whitty? .. and without the benefit of training every day since you were about 12?
    at 33 I had been retired from playing for 2 yrs due to injury, trained 3 days a week since 16 but at 30 the legs just couldn't recover the same, a knee injury that put me on the shelf for 12 months finished me off it just wouldn't do 90 minutes.

seems Toms threads been closed/Locked ?

Villa Fans - are feeling Chuffed.

wasted on the bench - All the Best TH.

Question

[QUOTE=Norder;39285639].

seems Toms threads been closed/Locked ?

Villa Fans - are feeling Chuffed.

wasted on the bench - All the Best TH.

We Have Signed him, Our replacement ...........Welcome to the Turf,...!!
    Jumping round the room, Cannot believe it !!
    WTF Happened to being Pro Active ?

Bonus time for Terrier Taxis...
    Off to Birmingham this morning. (Dropped Tom off).
    Over to Leeds tomorrow. (Picking Bailey Peacock-Farrell up).
    Off to Sheffield next Tuesday. (Dropping Hart off).
    Shooting down the West End this Friday. (Picking Gaz up).
    … and placed on stand-by for two more, yet to be disclosed locations...

This Rigg bloke is working wonders!

Attachment 13394
    Word Coming in, We Have missed out on Cammara or whatever his name is!!
    Palace in Advanced talks to sign him... And Cahill.
    Hope for Goodness sake, this is not our only target!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)