+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrier Taxis Creaming It...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    SIX**** full internationals are currently on our first team roster. Not bad that is it?
    Sounds good BT, but it's a bit like Labour Party economic policy, it doesn't really stand closer inspection. Jay, Pope, Cork and Tarko have had just the occasional walk-on parts for England, Lowton, Mee, Taylor, Barnes and Westwood have never played international football, the rest of our star-studded international brigade play for Iceland, Eire, New Zealand, or are nowhere near our first team. Six**** full internationals is a good soundbite, but that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The "famous five" who weigh up the pros and cons of sales and purchases had a debate on Camarasa. It's been decided to leave him to Palace. That's directly from an impeccable "inside" source Alto.
    Frankly, I can't see any BIG difference and urgency from Palace. We are all looking to improve without breaking the bank. IMHO Burnley do it better than most.
    SIX**** full internationals are currently on our first team roster. Not bad that is it?
    Depends what you mean by "full time internationals”

If that means they played 45 minutes in a friendly against Western Samoa 12 years ago then yes I agree.
    Which one of those 16 is a first team regular in a international team?
    That should whittle it down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Depends what you mean by "full time internationals”

If that means they played 45 minutes in a friendly against Western Samoa 12 years ago then yes I agree.
    Which one of those 16 is a first team regular in a international team?
    That should whittle it down a bit.
    I hate to be pedantic CiB, but I said "SIX**** full Internationals”.

Its called spin CIB, Politicians use it all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Its called spin CIB, Politicians use it all the time
    From what I have seen and heard, ALL SIX**** of our full internationals are as proud as punch to have been capped for their countries.

But our usual detractors denigrate our own players' achievements. Sad really.

I have not denigrated any of our players at all, I've just put you straight, in that more than half of your stated Internationals are has been's, which means they are no longer considered good enough for International appearances.

Cahill WAS a superb defender he is not as good as Tarks or Gibson now he has zero pace Chelsea fans love him but realise he has had his day and is now a liability swapping either of those 2 for Cahill will be a backward step no matter how much money we get.
    Cahill will get torn a new one with the lack of protection our midfield give the Defence and With Hart behind him we really are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    Cahill WAS a superb defender he is not as good as Tarks or Gibson now he has zero pace Chelsea fans love him but realise he has had his day and is now a liability swapping either of those 2 for Cahill will be a backward step no matter how much money we get.
    Cahill will get torn a new one with the lack of protection our midfield give the Defence and With Hart behind him we really are in trouble.
    He's a free agent which suits Garlick, and with all those internationals in the squad he'll be fine Whitty

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I have not denigrated any of our players at all, I've just put you straight, in that more than half of your stated Internationals are has been's, which means they are no longer considered good enough for International appearances.
    They are ALL fully capped International football players, which MUST mean they can play a bit - SURELY?

Carlton Palmer was an England international capped player but he was never any good. how can you seriously believe because somebody was capped by England they are still good enough. Cahill has been free all summer yet nobody has snapped up this Can play a bit once England capped defender not even Sheff utd and they love an old defender.
    Cahill WAS a good defender but since turning 30 his performances have dropped off year on year, he couldn't get a game for Chelsea last season and hasn't been near an England Squad for nearly 2 years. Chelsea have had his best years and there are none left.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)