+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More incomings Thursday

More incomings Thursday

Maybe up to 6 or 7, over the next few days, not sure all will be announced tomorrow, but some will.
    A few surprises with known names, and also some from the trialists as expected/

RB- Kelly-Evans
    LB -
    SC - Tyson
    MC - JOB
    CH
    Winger

possibly a keeper at some point too.

Expect a couple to leave, (Dennis and Tootle) and a target man to come in also in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Maybe up to 6 or 7, over the next few days, not sure all will be announced tomorrow, but some will.

RB- Kelly-Evans
    LB -
    SC - Tyson
    MC - JOB
    CH
    Winger

Expect a couple to leave, (Dennis and Tootle) and a target man to come in also in the near future.
    I've just heard very similar. Let's hope it's all true. No reason to doubt the Danelaw so far!

Would be sad to lose tootle if true, but it seems we have options at right back. Also his injury record the last year has been pretty poor. Good player though, and one that genuinely seems to care about the club and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post

RB- Kelly-Evans
    LB -
    SC - Tyson
    MC - JOB
    CH
    Winger

Would be gutted to lose Tootle but if it meant other areas were strengthened, so be it

I'd rather lose Tootle than Hemmings or Enzio but I'd still be sad to see him go. Rose (though I'd rather have him in midfield) is just as good at right back and if DKE is also a right back we should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Would be sad to lose tootle if true, but it seems we have options at right back. Also his injury record the last year has been pretty poor. Good player though, and one that genuinely seems to care about the club and fans.
    Seems a good assessment, but can't help thinking there is more to it if he does go. Wages or part of NA sorting out the remains of the player issues that plagued us last season.

Quote Originally Posted by theory_extinct View Post
    Seems a good assessment, but can't help thinking there is more to it if he does go. Wages or part of NA sorting out the remains of the player issues that plagued us last season.
    My thoughts exactly. Tootle is a good player at this level but seems to lack the team over self attitude perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Tootle is a good player at this level but seems to lack the team over self attitude perhaps?
    I'm not sure where you've got that from. It seems he's one of the 'bigger' characters in our squad, a bit of a joker, and a decent bloke by all accounts. Like I said before, I believe he genuinely cares about the club. He probably felt our relegation more than most other players. He'd be a loss, but I trust Ardley and the Danes to make the right decisions to get us moving forward. If that means losing a player like Tootle, so be it. But I'd wish him well wherever he goes and welcome him back anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I'm not sure where you've got that from. It seems he's one of the 'bigger' characters in our squad, a bit of a joker, and a decent bloke by all accounts. Like I said before, I believe he genuinely cares about the club. He probably felt our relegation more than most other players. He'd be a loss, but I trust Ardley and the Danes to make the right decisions to get us moving forward. If that means losing a player like Tootle, so be it. But I'd wish him well wherever he goes and welcome him back anytime.
    Unfortunately you can only offload the higher earners that other clubs actually want.

It could be that some of last season's underperformers were not as dim or as gullible as others and saw through AH's rhetoric. Maybe his conviction of always being right (it's MY club!) rubbed people up the wrong way. And not just players either, how many staff and directors and ancillary staff have upped and gone? We now have owners with a completely different approach to running a football club. If they, by using their databank or whatever and the manager's experience, think current players still have a role to play then they will stay, but last year's deadwood will go, irrespective of who was on what wages. The Reedtz bros have already shown they aren't frightened to spend their money, so top earners will not necessarily be the first ones out and the cheap options kept or even sought.

We Notts supporters and posters ought to stop this "we can't afford to keep this player or sign that one" attitude, it's depressing.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 01-08-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast