+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes 2019...

In a good position, some very good batting. Get through the 1st spell after tea unscathed and advantage England

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    In a good position, some very good batting. Get through the 1st spell after tea unscathed and advantage England
    Didn’t quite work out like that, Adi...undone by the ball change.

Great old school Test match century from Burns...good call from GP too.

Set up perfectly for tomorrow, delighted for Burns, played a proper test innings, hope he gets a few more tomorrow. Smash another 150 odd tomorrow, then put Aussie's in to bat. If Jimmy is fit, fancy a win. If not, a draw. Brilliant cricket match so far, and good to keep Aussie's quiet

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    God, when was the last time I opened??
    Must be nearly 40 years ago!!
    I suddenly feel very old!! If they play with a beach ball I might spot the 'wrong 'un'!!
    1998 for me mac. I had always been a left handed #6 or #7 end of innings slogger with a modicum of success. After moving to Holland I realised teams were full of sloggers so I changed modus and became more secure and moved up the order and opened in my latter years. A collar bone injury saw me no longer able to bowl my medium pacers or my spinners with any accuracy, much to the glee of some of the opposition including 2 Yorkshiremen who played for Hilversum. None of our bowlers, a few of whom were better than me, couldn't get them out and we lost to them several years on the trot. One year I came on when the 2 had built a quick half century partnership and got them both within 2 overs. After that I was brought on whenever they came to the wicket and I had the drop on them for some strange reason and, because they weren't scoring the runs we beat them regularly. After the injury, throwing, as well as bowling, was so inaccurate that I moved to the slips with some success and, when our keeper moved back to England I took that position over. Saving my legs for when batting. A further, very bad, shoulder injury 5 years ago curtailed my thoughts of going back to play with the vets as I can only move it to 90 degrees to my body and each movement is painful. That won't change. I even had to stop playing golf. 18 months after the accident I tried a bucket of balls at the driving range and the pain forced me to stop after a dozen balls. Golf out the window too.

I took up golf after cricket with some success and enjoyed it thoroughly. Golfing hols in Scotland were a regular feature. Then one day I was putting the clubs in the car boot and wham a pain shot through my entire body and the disc had gone. 6 months later I started playing again with buckets of painkillers but after a while it was clear that golf was a no no! Just hit the odd 'air ball' in the back garden now. I have to admit I miss it loads but the pain I do not miss!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I took up golf after cricket with some success and enjoyed it thoroughly. Golfing hols in Scotland were a regular feature. Then one day I was putting the clubs in the car boot and wham a pain shot through my entire body and the disc had gone. 6 months later I started playing again with buckets of painkillers but after a while it was clear that golf was a no no! Just hit the odd 'air ball' in the back garden now. I have to admit I miss it loads but the pain I do not miss!!
    I too miss my country walks being interrupted by the golf

Oops, the wobble begins! We are being Lyoned again!!

Another one bites the dust!!

I bet our last 2 wickets does'nt add 160 odd!!

Dreadful thirty minutes. Ali has a lot to prove with the ball if he is to keep his place.
    All a bit ‘after the Lord mayor’s show’, initiative shifting...was hoping for a 75-100 run lead...looking more like 20-30 now and us batting last on a deteriorating pitch.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)