+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Ashes 2019...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I believe Sam Curran played last year due to Stokes being suspended didnt he? That's his slot, 4th seamer cum all rounder: backing up our new national hero!. If Stokes plays purely as a batsman after injury at Old Trafford, then I surmise he comes in instead of one of Roy/Bairstow/Buttler,
    Think he took over from Stokes because of injury rather than suspension, GP.

Other than that, we probably have to assume that Stokes won’t be bowling and Bairstow hasn’t done much wrong in his wicketkeeping role so we agree...in for Buttler or Roy.

1 down already.
    Have we won a toss this series

So, the best opening partnership for either side in the series has ended at 27. What odds on that statistic lasting until the match is over after two more opening stands?

On a related note, I imagine I will be seeing another 100 from Smith tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So, the best opening partnership for either side in the series has ended at 27. What odds on that statistic lasting until the match is over after two more opening stands?

On a related note, I imagine I will be seeing another 100 from Smith tomorrow
    At lunch your suggestion about Smith tomorrow looked decidedly pessimistic. Four hours on...I suspect you may be right.
    Pitiful batting performance...again!
    Really disappointing...thought they’d have something to prove today.

Butler has given us something, game on

Buttler finish off his hundred tomorrow morning as w get 350; Broad gets Warner for nothing, Archer clean up Smith and Sam Curran cleans them out for 175. England have 5 overs to survive in the evening, and end on 4 for 3!

or

2 overs finishes off our innings for 275, Australia end the day on 327-2, with the sandpaper boys notching up 100's

You may as well stay in bed GP, I'll have you're ticket if you like

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Butler has given us something, game on
    Yep...thank goodness for Buttler...and Leach again!
    Not over convinced by the latter’s bowling but he shows more commitment and game awareness than many. Seems to be one of the few to grasp the concept of a five day Test match.

What are the chances of GP’s long awaited Oval trip coinciding with a Steve Smith duck?

A collectors item, but you never know!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Have we won a toss this series
    No. It sems the Aussies are simply faster......

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)