+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where’s all the McInnes Haters Now?

Quote Originally Posted by NEM83 View Post
    Europe's a waste of time but going to the arse end of Scotland to watch ****e junior fitba isn't?

aye righto
    Was thinking the same. Looks like what he means is following the Dons in Europe is a waste of time but groundhopping around Europe watching teams you've got no connection to whatsoever seems to be worthwhile.

Each to their own but I find his logic mindboggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Im not supporting anyone in a meaningless tournament that's not designed to incorporate a team like the team I support though. Im totally neutral in the arse end of Scotland

Europe is only worth while if you get to the groups. Massive financial incentive. But we have to play 4 rounds of qualifiers to get there because UEFA don't want us there. F@cking four. They can call the Playoff round what they want. Its a qualifier at the end of the day Other countries get their representatives straight in because UEFA want that countries in it. 2 from Guffball, Germany, Spain, France, and 7 split between Portugal, Russia, Belgium, Ukraine, Austria, Switzerland, Turkey. Plus 10 champions league drop outs. Yet second and third in Scotland have four qualifiers to get in. Same as the Champions League making Celtic do the same. They are league champions yet have 4 qualifiers. Its a f@cking farce. Scotland is unwanted by UEFA hence why I say its f@cking pointless

I would love to see us make the groups but I don't believe it will happen any time soon(note to the team prove me wrong)

The fans get the only benefit of Europe. A jolly on the piss in some random country. That's the only plus point

Watching football as a neutral is boring as ****, rather watch paint dry.

Agree with you the set up isn't great and loaded against teams like ours but that's partly the result of being **** for so long.

One swallow doesn't make a summer & all that.

BUT

Last night we played some of the best football I've seen from an Aberdeen team in many a year. We actually got the ball on the deck, knocked it about, quick one two's, pace & power & attacking intent.

Night & day from last seasons turgid hoofball & all down in no small part to the new players on the park.

Proof of the pudding will come in the next few weeks obviously, but if we keep playing like that then Del can stay as long as he likes as far as I'm concerned.

I really enjoyed watching us last night and its not very often i've been able to say that in recent years.

More of the same please lads...

Agree with you the set up isn't great and loaded against teams like ours but that's partly the result of being **** for so long.
    I'm not saying its pointless for the fans. The two away days in Europe I have done have been great

I'm saying its pointless qualifying as a club.

As for the watching football as neutral comment. I said on here before that my love of fitba grew when I realized there was more to it than 90 minutes. Its the whole experience, meeting people, cultures, beers, food etc. Ive had some of the best days out ive ever had watching fitba as a neutral. Cliftonville, Go Ahead Eagles, Keith, Auchinleck being the best. Annan was also great due to the locals pre and during the match.

Last season at Pittodrie was worse than watching paint dry. It was f@cking awful

I've watched a few games as a neutral.
    I've been in the area, at a loose end and took in the game. It can be useful time-filler and entertaining in its own context.
    Nothing better than the passion, excitement, frustration etc that you get from supporting your local team.

COYR's

I'm not saying its pointless for the fans. The two away days in Europe I have done have been great

I'm saying its pointless qualifying as a club.
    Absolute b0llocks.
    Of course there is a point.

The alternative is the league cup group stages, guranteed to be commercially at the very least a benefit in Europe over the League cup group stage.

Last season at Pittodrie was worse than watching paint dry. It was f@cking awful
    this season, two games out of two, its been an absolute dream to watch.
    Maybe you were a catalyst of the eye bleeding football. You should have left earlier (only joking)

This thread would be appropriate if we'd just won a cup or finished ahead of either cheek, as to get in front of Rangers this season is going to be tough and will take some doing. Tbh I can't see them being too far behind Celtic so if we did finish above the Huns then I'd hope we'd be challenging for the title too.

Setting yourself up for a fall grandstanding in front of the 'haterz' after a very encouraging but a relatively meaningless start. Meaningless may not be the right word but we need to see that form consistently before we can crow too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    This thread would be appropriate if we'd just won a cup or finished ahead of either cheek, as to get in front of Rangers this season is going to be tough and will take some doing. Tbh I can't see them being too far behind Celtic so if we did finish above the Huns then I'd hope we'd be challenging for the title too.

Setting yourself up for a fall grandstanding in front of the 'haterz' after a very encouraging but a relatively meaningless start. Meaningless may not be the right word but we need to see that form consistently before we can crow too much.
    Biggest risk this weekend is "freshening up" the team with one eye on Rijeka next week.

No we should be battering them because they are nowhere near as good as a team as we are. Not because they are Georgians. Its not entitlement. How would they fair in our league. Relegation fight most likely.

Encouraging result but I wont be looking into our world beater status yet. Lets see how the manager deals with meaningful games in tournaments that aren't a waste of time, i.e the cups

Also- The Killie players are not too enamoured with the Italian according to a Killie fan I work with. The Euro result may have something to do with that. Modern fitba players in sulk shock
    Not sure if the Kilmarnock players went to all of the effort of qualifying for Europe last season to not bother trying against the Welsh team because they don’t like the new manager.

I think the majority of SPFL teams would have a game on their hands against that Chikhura,most of the Scottish sides have been knocked out of Europe in the last few years against worse sides than them.

The way we played last night was very encouraging and I would like to think we will play like that against most teams in the league,I would be very surprised if we play like that against the cheeks but there will be plenty of opportunities throughout the season for the McInnes bashing.

The timing is a bit odd the day after we won 5-0.

Europe is only worth while if you get to the groups. Massive financial incentive. But we have to play 4 rounds of qualifiers to get there because UEFA don't want us there. F@cking four. They can call the Playoff round what they want. Its a qualifier at the end of the day.
    I'm struggling to get your point.

We're playing in a European competition. It's different. It's exciting. You can be pedantic and call them "qualifiers" but they are still competitive games. What's not to like?

We won't win it for sure but if we're being honest we're not going to win the SPL anytime soon either so what. Should we just write it off as a waste of time and stop competing in that too?

I'm double confused that you as a groundhopper don't view it as a fantastic opportunity to follow your club to pastures / stadia anew.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast