+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Moore

i hope i am wrong but will we get the usual crap about a player wanting to leave and then say we have done our business early with Wilks and Chaplin also Miller now with us

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Losing our 2 central defenders and goalkeeper was bad enough. Wiv got top weight on coping with integrating our new defence into a tough division. If we take away Moore we're just unravelling another established partnership within the team. Moore has a point to prove at this level and I think he will prove it
    If it was Woodrow who'd gone Pass I would be devastated .

I have my doubts about Kieffer's ability at championship level , I take the point he could prove me wrong but £4m for a big question mark is far too good to turn down .

I'm not ecstatic about it but I can live with it mate .

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Quality replacement definitely for Moore and not a lg 1 chancer like Toney
    Agree about Toney. Think it would be a bad move for Moore. League 1 next year. Better to stick with Woodrow et al and have a good record off their backs again. Could understand him going to Bristol City or WBA, but not Wigan.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    To be honest I think it's bloody good business myself .

Ok the timing isn't great and leaves us just over a week to bring in a replacement and perhaps strengthen the squad further .

He's potentially gone to a club who could well be around us in the league so yes that's a factor too .

However ......

We sold a lad with one good season in league one behind him for £4m , feckin hell we've had their pants down if you ask me .

We've sold him right at the very top of his valuation plus a million on top .

Just consider that if he performs just like he did the last time we were in the championship and gets 8 goals with 12 months left on his current deal .

We'd do well to get £1.2m for him in 9 months time , similar to what we got for Bradshaw .

That said we need a championship ready striker to replace him , easier said than done even with £2m plus to spend .
    Exactly my thoughts! Get some of it spent though. Good money that

When it comes art in wesh am guessing it'll be summat like £2.8 mill plus add ons.

It's natural to say, "Well he wont that good anyway" burrit all depends who comes in to replace him. Ivan Toney ? I'm sad to see the departure of Potts, Davies, Lyndsay, Pinnock and Moore replaced by untried kids at this level but we will see if they come off.

To give Stendel a fair crack at this level the owners need to--

1 Use some of the £2.8 to £4 mill to bring in Stendel's No 1 target all summer--Kone

2 Use rest onnit fo one or two Championship experienced owd eeads that Stendel ez been demanding, on loan if need be.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 03-08-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Owners did say that all the money raised from transfers would be reinvested,didn't they?
    Not quite certain on what though

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    When it comes art in wesh am guessing it'll be summat like £2.8 mill plus add ons.

It's natural to say, "Well he wont that good anyway" burrit all depends who comes in to replace him. Ivan Toney ? I'm sad to see the departure of Potts, Davies, Lyndsay, Pinnock and Moore replaced by untried kids at this level but we will see if they come off.

To give Stendel a fair crack at this level the owners need to--

1 Use some of the £2.8 to £4 mill to bring in Stendel's No 1 target all summer--Kone

2 Use rest onnit fo one or two Championship experienced owd eeads that Stendel ez been demanding, on loan if need be.
    I'm sad to see these players leave myself SB , they provided me with a season to remember last season and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them take us straight back to the championship .

However three of em didn't want to be here this season and we've got fantastic money for a striker with a huge question mark at this level .

I think we all agree across this board that we need at least one player with vast experience at this level in the back four .

I'm desperately trying to remain pragmatic about the clubs approach and in my opinion it's about the recruitment coming in rather than getting wound up about players leaving .

The club will find it enormously difficult to spend big money and attract high end championship talent no matter how much they have in the kitty through sales .

Football just doesn't work that way , you need a brand to start with , bigger clubs than ourselves will also be in the market for higher grade talent and £2m plus players come with higher wage demands .

The only way you are going to crack that nut is to establish yourself in the championship and as we know that's easier said than done and even when you make a decent fist of it our top talent soon attracts the attention of the bigger championship clubs .

The only time in our history when we signed high end championship talent was because we were coming off a promotion from this level and a season in the PL , we had the brand so the money was far easier to spend .

The championship still continues to be as difficult as it ever was no matter how we go about it .

Frustrating , to say the least .

Of course its great money but its just so typical of us, and I know this will never change. Will we at least try to bring in somebody similar, or another unknown kid who we will need to give at least 2 years to and then we'll end up selling yet again etc..!!.

All valid points Animal.

It's allus been same and the present owners are no different.

Al be theear today as usual, I'm innit for the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    All valid points Animal.

It's allus been same and the present owners are no different.

Al be theear today as usual, I'm innit for the long term.
    The only real progress we've made as a club in my opinion is that when we do take the drop in to league one we are one of the bigger clubs and the model does work fantastically well at that level .

We can almost cherry pick the top young talent off the clubs in the bottom two leagues .

This represents a masive change from the days when we were relegated and there was considerable turmoil around the club .

We really should have won the league last season with a points tally nearer a hundred with a group of players who barely laid a glove on championship opponents .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast