+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Moore

Goodbye Moore

Under going medical at Wigan £4 million good business or not whatever happens a big chunk of that surely must go on a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Under going medical at Wigan £4 million good business or not whatever happens a big chunk of that surely must go on a replacement
    Sorry didn't see it was on the transfer rumours

My footy mood has been like a yo-yo all this close season, I’m up then I’m down so I hope I’ve a big up coming?

popular lad is our moore. Shame to see him go (if true) and Wigan will hope his goals keep them up, hopefully not at our expense. however, £4m is good money for a guy who is injury prone.

I reckon that’s recouped the money they paid for the club. Now wait until we are safe this season and then the “For Sale” sign will go up.
    At least the football will be on the floor this year

To be honest I think it's bloody good business myself .

Ok the timing isn't great and leaves us just over a week to bring in a replacement and perhaps strengthen the squad further .

He's potentially gone to a club who could well be around us in the league so yes that's a factor too .

However ......

We sold a lad with one good season in league one behind him for £4m , feckin hell we've had their pants down if you ask me .

We've sold him right at the very top of his valuation plus a million on top .

Just consider that if he performs just like he did the last time we were in the championship and gets 8 goals with 12 months left on his current deal .

We'd do well to get £1.2m for him in 9 months time , similar to what we got for Bradshaw .

That said we need a championship ready striker to replace him , easier said than done even with £2m plus to spend .

If Moore gets sold it's one player too many imo.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    If Moore gets sold it's one player too many imo.
    Stendel playing with one main striker not to be confused with one up top.

Good business. Iain Hume anyone?

Quality replacement definitely for Moore and not a lg 1 chancer like Toney

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Stendel playing with one main striker not to be confused with one up top.

Good business. Iain Hume anyone?

Losing our 2 central defenders and goalkeeper was bad enough. Wiv got top weight on coping with integrating our new defence into a tough division. If we take away Moore we're just unravelling another established partnership within the team. Moore has a point to prove at this level and I think he will prove it

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast