+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer Moore, really?

its a fact it cost TS more money for us to be in the championship than it does in league one. not sure why it keep getting mentioned that were loosing out and its cost us money not staying in the champ. fact is (check accounts) the pot of cash we have in the champ isnt big enough to keep us up and TS needs to add/subsidise it for our pleasure... enjoy what we have instead of wishing for a bolton/bury situation which we could end up having if our club wasnt run with "the best for the club" in mind...
    ajayi wasnt cheap he was value for both sides.

Nobody in their right minds wants us to end up like Bolton or Bury. Where in my messages have I said I want Rotherham to splash the cash and get in the sort of trouble like the two clubs previously mentioned. TS keeps saying Rotherham don't need to sell. I'd like us to play in the highest league we can even if it's for one season. It seems you are quite happy to see us plod along in any league, I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    We didn't need to sell semi. Club keep saying they don't need to sell. Its not good business letting a player go cheap. West brom seem to think they got a bargain. Keeping him for this season would mean letting him walk away at the end of it. But if he helped us get promoted how much would that be worth compared to staying in league one. It's not bout being with the half empty brigade it's bout getting what he's worth. Who really knows on this site what clubs were in for him?did we sell him to the first club that came knocking,who knows. Everyone has opinions and it's mine that we gave him away.
    I love Semi as well. It's a great move for him. We had interest from a few clubs. West Brom offered the most money. Semi showed a desire to go there and so he should. He deserves to play in the Championship.

From Paul Warne's column reported by Paul Davis

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    If a Fairy Godmother visited everyone on here tonight who owned a house and said you can either sell it tomorrow and get some money for it or you can hold onto it for another year and get nothing for it, I can guarantee that the first option would be chosen every time. Much easier to chose the latter option when it's not your money. One exception would be PokerMillersSwinton who from his other posts would probably find something entirely different to do with the Fairy Godmother
    Or a different analogy.
    You inherit a house perhaps from deceased relatives.
    It's worth £300K but within the first week of going on the market someone offers you half it's value at £150K.
    You discuss it with your wife and you both agree that 150K is more than what's in your bank account so it's a great deal.

New buyer puts house on market in 6 months and gets what it's worth 300k.
    Happy with the deal??
    Good business?

The window still isn't closed and it opens again in Jan and yes we may not have found another buyer but we've also kissed away a large amount of money and we haven't signed the three players we need to in order to fill the positions that Semi covered.
    We've also reaffirmed our place in the market as easy pickings which will influence future dealings.

Brentford have just sold Maupay for 20m.
    Bristol City have just sold a CH for 20m
    If you're a Brentford Bristol or Barnsley no one leaves on the cheap.
    It's no good our club saying it and then not doing it

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Or a different analogy.
    It's worth £300K but within the first week of going on the market someone offers you half it's value at £150K.
    You discuss it with your wife and you both agree that 150K is more than what's in your bank account so it's a great deal.

Happy with the deal??
    Good business?

The window still isn't closed and it opens again in Jan and yes we may not have found another buyer but we've also kissed away a large amount of money and we haven't signed the three players we need to in order to fill the positions that Semi covered.
    We've also reaffirmed our place in the market as easy pickings which will influence future dealings.

Flour, what’s the three positions Semi covered?

Or a different analogy.

Happy with the deal??
    Good business?

Not really a good analogy Flour as you seem to be missing the Fairy Godmother in your story who would tell you to hang on for 6 months. If only we had one we'd all be much wiser and richer. I can think of two decisions I made without the help of a Fairy Godmother that in hindsight cost me over $500K each.

Your fairy godmother ain't doing her job properly because she had other options rather than just accept a poor offer or get nothing. With those tactics we are going to be known as the giveaway club. As I said the transfer window is not closed and there are a huge amount of deals going on right now. Just ask Barnsley. Keiffer deal this week and another starlet going to Leeds apparently

Semi has gone straight into WBA,s first team....no messing about, slotted straight into an ex Prem team with highly paid players and gave a great account of himself. They,ve got a great bargain and we've undersold him by quite a bit.

Positions semi covered was CB, holding midfielder and scoring midfielder.
    Last edited by flourbasher; 07-08-2019 at 04:50 PM.

Your fairy godmother ain't doing her job properly because she had other options rather than just accept a poor offer or get nothing. With those tactics we are going to be known as the giveaway club. As I said the transfer window is not closed and there are a huge amount of deals going on right now. Just ask Barnsley. Keiffer deal this week and another starlet going to Leeds apparently

Semi has gone straight into WBA,s first team....no messing about, slotted straight into an ex Prem team with highly paid players and gave a great account of himself. They,ve got a great bargain and we've undersold him by quite a bit.

If you're referring to Pearce he's coming from Leeds to Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Nobody in their right minds wants us to end up like Bolton or Bury. Where in my messages have I said I want Rotherham to splash the cash and get in the sort of trouble like the two clubs previously mentioned. TS keeps saying Rotherham don't need to sell. I'd like us to play in the highest league we can even if it's for one season. It seems you are quite happy to see us plod along in any league, I'm not.
    I think the line 'we don't need to sell' is a fairly standard one trotted out. If a chairman says they're all for sale, we need some cash quick, imagine what the response would be.

The reality of life for a club the size of ours is that everybody has their price (or their Price?)

Flour, two of the positions Semi covered have been covered:

Holding midfielder - Lindsay/ McDonald

Scoring midfield - again I'll go with Lindsay and McDonald, as the season has only just started let's see how they perform on the scoring charts eh . Failing that expect Crookes to score quite a few this season.

Centre Back - Yes you're right on this one. We really do have to get this sorted ASAP or the damage will start to show as Warne juggles his back line and we remain unsettled. The thing is about the CB position and Ajayi, I always seemed to think he was playing in front of a back three in a diamond shape rather than a solid CB.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast