+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor investment 0 quality investment 3

Poor investment 0 quality investment 3

That’s what happens when you fail to recruit in the areas you said you were going to, Wintle is one of if not the best midfielder at the club I know I will play him at CB when I have a CB on the bench very poor from Artell, clearly has no confidence in SassDavies which makes it even more bizarre he has not brought somebody in as cover, if I was Sass Davies I would be ticking dreadful Artell truly dreadful.

Yes they were a little bit better than us. Relegated team, and half? A promoted team, so they were always going to be better quality but what did you expect?? 6-0!
    Having said that, I thought we gave a decent account of ourselves. They had 3 shots and 3 goals. We had a double chance to make it 1-1 and then it was 0-2. The ball did not appear to fall for us.
    At the end of the day Wartman, we are watching 4th tier football with 4th players and 4th tier finances. I'd rather be where we are than pushing the non existent boat out and being like Bury.
    Healthy critisism is always good, but constant vindictive opinions against the most honest manager we have had for ages is getting more than a bit tiresome.
    Re SassDavies. Sort of see your point of view...but, as DA has said, they are going to pick his games at this stage of his career. First game of the season against the faves for promotion was probably not a game for him at this stage.
    Tin hat donned.
    Last edited by jimmyboldon; 03-08-2019 at 06:39 PM.

[QUOTE=jimmyboldon;39287690]Yes they were a little bit better than us. Relegated team, and half? A promoted team, so they were always going to be better quality but what did you expect?? 6-0!
    Having said that, I thought we gave a decent account of ourselves. They had 3 shots and 3 goals. We had a double chance to make it 1-1 and then it was 0-2. The ball did not appear to fall for us.
    At the end of the day Wartman, we are watching 4th tier football with 4th players and 4th tier finances. I'd rather be where we are than pushing the non existent boat out and being like Bury.
    Healthy critisism is always good, but constant vindictive opinions against the most honest manager we have had for ages is getting more than a bit tiresome.
    Re SassDavies. Sort of see your point of view...but, as DA has said, they are going to pick his games at this stage of his career. First game of the season against the faves for promotion was probably not a game for him at this stage.
    Tin hat donned.[/QUOTE

Yes I appreciate we are watching 4th tier football but Crewe apparently produce academy players to play in the first team and then sell on, and all of this is at the expense of the first team which is not financially or quality competitive, I can except this providing we sell players at a profit, we wish NOT HAPPENING and we play players from the academy not play players out there of position and even worse move your best midfield player in doing so. If vindictive means removing your rose tinted glasses and giving you a dose of reality then that means I am vindictive and I thank you for that. The Crewe model no longer works we are potless and clueless we have not sold a player for a profit in 5 years and that means the club has lost close to 4 million if we sold the Kirk, Ng, Pickering Wintle and Jones we would not make a million pounds as clubs no longer spend big money on 4th tier players, even the witless of the Crewe faithful must admit that this is the case and I struggle to understand the persistent happy clapping support of the clubs hierarchy at least Bury have committed instant suicide where our club leaders are making us die a slow death wake up and smell the coffee things have to change and the only people that can do this are the fans do something far more satisfying on a Saturday take your family out cut the lawn or go fishing but for gods sake stop supporting this bunch of clowns !!!!!!!

Did you go to the game, Wartman? I am impressed by a lot of what I saw. In the first half they were a little sharper and then the defence did help them a bit. With another goalkeeper it might have been different. Also, it was a stonewall penalty and the referee bottled it. A goal at that stage might well have changed the game.
    I think we need to wait a few games before we praise/denigrate the club.

As Gazan says...

Did you go?
    If yes.....
    Then don't bother again, it obviously upsets your weekend/karma/etc.
    If no
    Then please do to give an informed opinion.

"Stop supporting this bunch of clowns"
    I think that says all I need to know about you. I will never stop supporting Crewe. I might disagree with some aspects of management/tactics, but my loyalty is unconditional.
    And.....a bit more grammatically correct posting might help, had to read 3/4 times to get even close to understanding your last rant.
    Hat on.

Glad it wasn’t just me that thought 3-0 was a tad flattering to them. They definitely deserved to go in ahead, but 2-0? Hardly.

Second half was much more even and we dominated possession without ever creating anything clear cut. We looked better when Callum came on and Tom Lowery was at his most dynamic. Defence looked shaky at times, but we were playing a decent side (won’t see many better this season I reckon) with only one recognised CH - I suspect Sass wasn’t played with Nolan due to a slight lack of pace with both parties,- added to which neither Perry or Pixie had their best games defensively, but were fine in the second half when we were on the front foot.

Regarding the Academy point, 7 starters and the entire outfield bench were ‘our’ players (I include Wintle in this). The purpose of the Academy is twofold, to provide us with first team players (tick) and then to sell them for decent money. Anyone watching today or the second half of last season would have Lowery, Ainley, Perry, Pixie and Wintle in their notebooks, and maybe even Kirky.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Glad it wasn’t just me that thought 3-0 was a tad flattering to them. They definitely deserved to go in ahead, but 2-0? Hardly.

Second half was much more even and we dominated possession without ever creating anything clear cut. We looked better when Callum came on and Tom Lowery was at his most dynamic. Defence looked shaky at times, but we were playing a decent side (won’t see many better this season I reckon) with only one recognised CH - I suspect Sass wasn’t played with Nolan due to a slight lack of pace with both parties,- added to which neither Perry or Pixie had their best games defensively, but were fine in the second half when we were on the front foot.

Regarding the Academy point, 7 starters and the entire outfield bench were ‘our’ players (I include Wintle in this). The purpose of the Academy is twofold, to provide us with first team players (tick) and then to sell them for decent money. Anyone watching today or the second half of last season would have Lowery, Ainley, Perry, Pixie and Wintle in their notebooks, and maybe even Kirky.
    And that’s my point sold for decent money, can you see any of the above attracting somewhere in the region of £750000 a big fat NO and why is this ? When Jones was playing at his best Preston put in an offer of £300000 this sort of money is nowhere near the kind of transfer fee we need (yes need) to cover our academy costs. As I have said in many posts the success of the academy players is linked to the success of the 1st team if the 1st team is successful and some of the academy players are part of it, it drives up the attention from other clubs and the academy players value, it is no coincidence that the first team have been by in large poor over the last 5 seasons and therefore zero transfers. Why is the 1st team poor because the club cannot afford to put money in at both ends FACT. Somebody said to me in a post you don’t want Crewe doing a Bury do you , well this is just a different way of doing it but it is a slow death.

You really don’t get it. OK so one of these players won’t fetch £750k, but three of them together might.

In the meantime we can pay them less than we would have to pay another Ollie Lancashire or Dan Powell, so can afford more of them at the club coming through. I wouldn’t mind betting that the 6 outfield subs on the bench yesterday are on less in total than Chris Porter.

By the way, you still haven’t answered gazan and jimmyb’s question about your attendance yesterday.....

I watched DA post match interview with GM and he was really struggling to put two sentences together and was looking at the ground the whole time....Strange! Perhaps he was shell shocked? It was Steve Davis that used to say it wasn't for those goals we conceded!

Its ironic that Ryan Lowe has been so successful as a manager and yet couldn't get the assistant manager here...

Nobody seems to know what money our players are on and so difficult to assess how much of the 760K it costs for the academy per season could pay for seasoned players coming in?? Someone once said we have started each season with a weaker squad since we were in the Championship...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast