+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor investment 0 quality investment 3

Don't think that the club is in any position financially to do anything different to what it is doing at the moment, short term. Long term strategy must alter I think. If, a massive one I know, we do sort it with Hassall, may be everything will become clearer. After watching yesterday, I am worried for the goalkeeping position, I personally think that Richards should get the nod or even, I know finances again, speak with Garratt for a reconciliation. Greeny looked off the pace, hopefully a one off. Jones has never rediscovered his form of a couple of years ago. Wintle would be a good stand in at centre half when Nolan is injured but don't play both together please, dominant CH definitely needed with Wintle in his proper position.
    From the same source that told me about Taylor not being happy with the offer that we made to him, which was obviously true, tells me that we have a definite incoming next week. Hopefully onwards and upwards.
    Last edited by Me For Crewe; 04-08-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    You really don’t get it. OK so one of these players won’t fetch £750k, but three of them together might.

In the meantime we can pay them less than we would have to pay another Ollie Lancashire or Dan Powell, so can afford more of them at the club coming through. I wouldn’t mind betting that the 6 outfield subs on the bench yesterday are on less in total than Chris Porter.

By the way, you still haven’t answered gazan and jimmyb’s question about your attendance yesterday.....
    Did you just say “I really don’t get it” did I not just inform you that we have not sold a player in 5 years I you reply I quote “ if we sold 3” have you heard yourself 3 ? Keep taking the drugs ������������

Did you go to the game?

And there’s me thinking George Cooper left 18 months ago......

Clearly he didn’t, Jimmy - I’d give up trying if I were you.

Well Mike Artell could have tried being honest and said that his team selections were rubbish. hos tactics were crap, and that he has not got the first clue as to how a midfield should be used.

team selection rubbish? so who should have played?
    tactics crap: how come we overran them for most of the second half? Tactics were right but execution let us down (and some good goalkeeping and a crap referee).
    no clue how a midfield should be played/ I disagree less with you here. Green was off the pace but Lowery was outstanding! The only reason for concern is the appearance of that hole where the opposition always pick up the loose ball at either end.

I didn't go myself but could not our GK made a better job at saving two of their goals? He dived after the ball went past him into the net for the second from outside the pen area and he made no attempt to save at the near post for their third. Our defence looks at bit lightweight but others may see it differently of course. I can see now why DA seemed so despondent after the game..

Agree Mike, never thought I'd ever say that! Thought he could have done better with the second goal. Thought he got a hand to the third.
    Early days for him though. Prepared to give him time.
    Don't think DA's demeanour is much different whether we win, lose or draw.
    Last edited by jimmyboldon; 05-08-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I didn't go myself but could not our GK made a better job at saving two of their goals? He dived after the ball went past him into the net for the second from outside the pen area and he made no attempt to save at the near post for their third. Our defence looks at bit lightweight but others may see it differently of course. I can see now why DA seemed so despondent after the game..
    Sadly yes he could Mike - being unkind should/could he have saved all 3 goals? They don't look any better on the highlights than they did live, but hopefully he'll do better next time. Otherwise Trigger hs to get his chance again.

With Wintle at CH, I don't want to see it again except in an emergency because we lose him covering in front of the back four, which I think contributed a lot to our better defensive displays last season. I suspect they tried it because Plymouth were going with Joel Grant and Byron Moore up front, who aren't going to trouble mid-sized CHs in the air at all - and by the way, they were both out on their feet by the end weren't they? I thought we were the fitter team.

I've heard too that we have at least one coming in this week - hope it's not dependent on the Championship window closing as we might miss out at the last minute. (And by the way one of our young players is being scouted regularly by a big club - spoke to their scout at one pre season game and again on Saturday.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12