+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football Radar ?

Football Radar ?

This could only be Notts !!

We have two people in charge who claim not to know a lot about running a football club yet use statistics from this 'radar' thing to decide who Ardley signs!! You couldn't make this crap up!

Ardley might be gullible to it. I'am sure many managers won't like it.

It's called boardroom interference and it's started early!

They should stick to their job and let the manager stick to his.If he sees a player he likes he should go and see the chairman.

The manager should pick the the players to play within reason.

Are you aware that Brentford do something similar? And they've made it to the Championship...

The new owners bought us on this basis, and as no-one else wanted us, it's a bit late to moan now.

I would like more of Football Radar and less of the manager involved in transfer decisions, to be honest. It's the same as having a technical director, only this one is a machine but it still has more character than Paul Hart.

Sack the board I say. Is Big Norm still available?

Unbelievable. Give them a bloody chance. We've been making the same mistakes for years. This is a chance to try something different. The reaction after one narrow away defeat is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    This could only be Notts !!

We have two people in charge who claim not to know a lot about running a football club yet use statistics from this 'radar' thing to decide who Ardley signs!! You couldn't make this crap up!

Ardley might be gullible to it. I'am sure many managers won't like it.

It's called boardroom interference and it's started early!

They should stick to their job and let the manager stick to his.If he sees a player he likes he should go and see the chairman.

The manager should pick the the players to play within reason.
    good to get the inside track on how it works, thanks. Can you share anything else about the club's new model?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Unbelievable. Give them a bloody chance. We've been making the same mistakes for years. This is a chance to try something different. The reaction after one narrow away defeat is embarrassing.
    I'm assuming you have detected my sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I'm assuming you have detected my sarcasm.
    Yeah, I was replying to the OP.

Short memories some people.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Too right slack, the comments on the match thread yesterday were embarrassing. All pre season people said wouldn't mind mid table next season to settle and that was before we waited until 7 days before the season starts to even get a buyer, then you've got to assemble a team which all TOP level managers tells you takes time and that's with unlimited resources not getting the last turkey in the shop like we've had to do this season. Then we lose one nil away to a team who got in the playoffs last season with an incomplete team as acknowledged by the manager after the game and six new signings to bed in. And then you read some of the comments yesterday, like I say embarrassing, most notts fans on here for one can't tell the truth as they won't be happy unless we win the league by ten points no matter how many mid table platitudes they wheel out and they seem to think we have a god given right to lord it over other teams, the past has gone I'm afraid.

Personally I don't know whether Ardley is decent or completely crap, I've not made up my mind but we'd have been even further behind if it wasn't for him so I'm prepared to let him get these centre backs and target man, get everyone to match fitness then see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast