+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football Radar ?

The frustration is clearly with the style of play which seems to be continuing from last season based on York and Eastleigh. Once the squad is up and going if the style of play and results like this and York and last season ( lack lustre small defeats 1-0 etc) continues you have to ask questions which is a month or two away. Until then its pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The frustration is clearly with the style of play which seems to be continuing from last season based on York and Eastleigh. Once the squad is up and going if the style of play and results like this and York and last season ( lack lustre small defeats 1-0 etc) continues you have to ask questions which is a month or two away. Until then its pointless.
    Totally agree

They are correct they have no experience of running a football club neither did Trew/Hardy.

I guess you'd have been happy with the Smurf as he has ran Port Vale and he seems a nice chap going by Vale fans comments!

Most work is now done by robots to cut costs long gone are the days we have scouts driving up and down the country a few clubs use this system and it works for them it might not for us who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    They are correct they have no experience of running a football club neither did Trew/Hardy.

I guess you'd have been happy with the Smurf as he has ran Port Vale and he seems a nice chap going by Vale fans comments!

Most work is now done by robots to cut costs long gone are the days we have scouts driving up and down the country a few clubs use this system and it works for them it might not for us who knows.
    You'll always find some fans at any club that slag off the owners. It is just their nature. They probably also complain about the government then complain when a 'new ' government comes in. They just like moaning.

I always think, if they aren't happy, go to the bank, borrow a few million and put their money into the club and do a better job. There is a saying in New Zealand, called Tall Poppy syndrome, where people won't stick their head above the parapet for fear of being knocked, but are always the first to knock others for trying to better themselves.

In regards to this Radar approach, time will tell. I'm all for it as our previous plans have failed. If anyone has watched the excellent Sunderland till i die on Netflix getting rid of the old school way of scouting ( ruling out a player as he's wearing gloves) gets a thumbs up from me.

Normally I'd agree that transfers should be left to the manager, what do directors know about football? With the current setup however, we've got people whose business is football. When the next manager comes in, he'll be joining the club on that basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    This could only be Notts !!

We have two people in charge who claim not to know a lot about running a football club yet use statistics from this 'radar' thing to decide who Ardley signs!! You couldn't make this crap up!

Ardley might be gullible to it. I'am sure many managers won't like it.

It's called boardroom interference and it's started early!

They should stick to their job and let the manager stick to his.If he sees a player he likes he should go and see the chairman.

The manager should pick the the players to play within reason.

Totally ignoring that the majority of signings made last week were already at the club as trialists. Or that some only came because of the manager. You're right, you couldn't make your crap post up. Idiot.

We have two people in charge who claim not to know a lot about running a football club yet use statistics from this 'radar' thing to decide who Ardley signs!! You couldn't make this crap up!

They should stick to their job and let the manager stick to his.If he sees a player he likes he should go and see the chairman.

You should be grateful that we still have a club - God, some people. Are you really a Notts fan? No wonder it's hard to get people to take over a football club!! Give these people a CHANCE.

Wow just wow!

You do realise the magnitude of what has been going off at the club you support in the past six months and over the summer and how close it came to being extinct just over a week ago?

Firstly the owners don’t just decide they all decide and that includes the manager. It’s a statistics based tool that is designed to help and assist the manager and club with its recruitment. The manager gives the owners recommendations, they give him recommendations. If they all agree they’ll sign the player.

Your ideology is from a different era like the Clough type of ran clubs of the 1970’s. That’s why many clubs have directors of football, and head of recruitment (Guy Branston shudder). With the vast sums of money involved especially at the top you’ll find very few clubs where it’s not a collaborative effort when it comes to signing players. The manager generally has the final say obviously.

I don’t think the signings of Ben Turner, Jim O’Brien, Nathan Tyson, Damien McCory were “boardroom interference” as you put it. More they saw what the manager was trying to achieve and wanted to work with him to achieve that and the club sold itself to them with its stadium and fan base. With Turner for example it appears the stats married up with what the management team believed to be the case.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 04-08-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12