+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp league table 2019-20

Spot on mate, thanks. I just forgot all about it. Changed above.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw2 View Post
    Ive scored 5 now for several weeks. Its reasonably easy to predict 5 results from twelve, what isn't easy is getting the right score. Piglet wont win, someone in the top five will, like a horse race. Ive got my poker antennae on it... I know who will win,,,,, and who wont. Chalky, you've got zero chance, or come to that neither have you Griff.

In our little triumvirate, Cambridge top Carlisle and county in the league, and I top you ywo in this. The Jackson 4.
    I know Frank, I know.

A good week at last, for the Acid man lol.
    8 points is better than what Ive been getting, and hey maybe the season 'starts' here for me.

It’s a nice deep quarry in Peru, Piglet, but the one I was looking for is the old quarry in Parsonby which the local residents don’t want reopened. Easy mistake to make though.

Chalky learned that imitation is NOT the sincerest form of flattery this week, choosing his own entries and out scoring Piglet 6-2. He’s up 3 spots as a result while Piglet’s lead at the top has been cut to 9 with top-scorer Howoldboy now on his heels.

Average was only 4.5 this week with the Yeovil v Hartlepool fixture postponed. Crusha only managed 1 point and is down 5 places to 14th as a result. AussieBranch succumbed to temporary incapacity and confusion on account of cheap booze and only managed 2. NZBlue is slowly reeling him in, so a few weeks of sobriety wouldn’t go amiss.

What are you lot like, eh?

1 Piglet....................(2) 104
    2 Howoldboy...............(8) 95
    3 AussieBranch...........(2) 91
    4 Cayambe.................(5) 88
    5 Psaw.......................(6) 85
    6 Mullen.....................(4) 83
    7= Gaz......................(6) 78
    7= Acido....................(7) 78
    9 Alf...........................(6) 76
    10= NZBlue................(4) 75
    10= Chalky.................(6) 75
    10= Altobelli...............(3) 75
    13 Nobbyblue..............(4) 73
    14= Griff....................(3) 72
    14= Crusha................(1) 72
    16 Southblue..............(6) 66
    17 Pete......................(4) 57
    Last edited by griff; 14-11-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Still ten points behind Frank,finishing above him and griff is my main objective

Thanks griff

Yeovil 1 Hartlepool 4 last night. Not a single point scored so the table remains unchanged.

That bloke Acido is making some decent progress Griff, hes up to =7th now.

Haven’t we been to Alexandria before Piglet? It wasn’t the answer then either. Or the time before. I was looking for my keys. Have you seen them?

Poor scoring this week, with a top score of only 7. Still, in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king, and this week’s sovereigns are Gaz and NZBlue. We won’t scrape and bow though, maybe just a quick nod in their direction. Average was 4.4.

And how unwise to go for self-publicity, posting stuff like “That bloke Acido is making some decent progress Griff, hes up to =7th now.” Just before getting a big, fat ZERO and dropping back to 11th as a result. Like 4-4-2, self-deprecation is the way to go. Just in case.

Biggest risers were only up two positions this week; that’s me and NZBlue. Piglet’s lead is slowly being eaten away and is now down to 7 points. Oh, and the AML is slowly heating up, despite AussieBranch’s sobriety this week. Perhaps peeving IS the way to go....

1 Piglet....................(4) 108
    2 Howoldboy.............(6) 101
    3 AussieBranch...........(4) 95
    4 Cayambe.................(5) 93
    5 Psaw.......................(3) 88
    6 Mullen.....................(3) 86
    7 Gaz.........................(7) 85
    8 NZBlue....................(7) 82
    9 Alf...........................(5) 81
    10 Altobelli..................(5) 80
    11 Acido.....................(0) 78
    12= Griff....................(5) 77
    12= Chalky.................(2) 77
    14= Nobbyblue...........(3) 76
    14= Crusha................(4) 76
    16 Southblue..............(5) 71
    17 Pete......................(6) 63

AML
    1 AussieBranch......(4) 95
    2 NZBlue..............(7) 82

Note to self... Must do better

Thanks Griff

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    ... And how unwise to go for self-publicity, posting stuff like “That bloke Acido is making some decent progress Griff, hes up to =7th now.” Just before getting a big, fat ZERO and dropping back to 11th as a result. Like 4-4-2, self-deprecation is the way to go. Just in case.
    I was right though wasnt I Griff you old blue geezer lol. I WAS making good progress at the time, before the unfortunate non-league results blip.
    Chalky kid, do you want your wooden spoon back again now, Im done with it.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)