+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp league table 2019-20

Predictocomp league table 2019-20

Welcome back to the 40 (or so) week marathon that is the predictocomp. Someone prod Buc, Southblue and Gaz; they may still be in hibernation.

Piglet, where do I begin? I was happy to spot Tokyo’s Disneyland but a little perturbed to see that your exact reference point was Cinderella’s Fairytale Hall. Are you a secret fan? Anyway, the correct answer was the old Workington dog-track so no point.

I did alphabetical order last season for players on the same points so it’s reverse order this year. For the uninitiated, EOB is Every Other Bugger. There are more than 6 billion players in this game, but if you don’t put in an entry you get the lowest score each week. There are a lot of those. If you start late in the competition you start as an EOB with that number of points. I’m stunned at how many folk aren’t bothering.

Welcome to Nobbyblue, hope you come back every week mate.

Anyway, nobody predicted Charlton’s win at Blackburn, nor Cambridge managing a point at Bradford. Only Piglet foresaw Shrewsbury beating Portsmouth - well done.

Don’t forget, there’s a £60 pot for the winner this season and Psaw (Frank) is pretty confident that he’s going to win it. He’s joint top at week 1, so are we going to let him get away with it? NOBODY wins the league in August - it’s up the rest of us to stop him.

Better luck next week!

1= Psaw........................8
    1= Cayambe..................8
    3 Mullen........................7
    4= Piglet.......................6
    4= AussieBranch............6
    6= Pete.........................5
    6= Crusha.....................5
    6= Chalky......................5
    9= NZBlue.....................4
    9= Griff.........................4
    9= Altobelli....................4
    9= Acido........................4
    13= Nobbyblue...............3
    13= Howoldboy...............3
    15 Alf.............................2
    EOB...............................2

meanwhile, in the Phillipines and Australia mini-league, AUSSIEBRANCH IS IN FRONT!

1. AussieBranch...6
    2. NZBlue.............4

I thought I was going to bomb this week, getting two right scores saved it. Being top after a bad week makes this easier than I thought. Watch my tail pipe disappear.
    Cambridge drawing at Bradford was a major shock, we even had a player sent off with 30 minutes to go. I listened to it on the radio, and the draw was deserved. We could be a different team this year.
    Crewe are always going to be bad, as are Shrewsbury, being bad means there is no knowing.

I'm just warming up,there's always strange results in the first couple of weeks before teams settle down

Thanks Griff

What's your problem with Cinderella, Griff?

Are you an ugly sister, perchance?

Well, you got one out of two....

Piglet, Amasya in Turkey is indeed a lovely place, however the correct answer was chicken, so no bonus point.

Average score this week was 6.5 but a special “well done” to Howoldboy who managed a splendid 13. Unlucky for some, but in this case it was me - I bombed with the lowest score of a measly 3. Several notes to self, mainly about paying attention at the back of the class. Missing week 1 hasn’t done Southblue any harm as he’s straight into mid-table. Missing one of the games has harmed Altobelli and he’s dropped to 11th. Mullen has got some consistency and he’s sitting on top with Howoldboy.

It’s all about small margins at this stage and concentration is critical. More next week.

1= Mullen.....................(9) 16
    1= Howoldboy.............(13) 16
    3 AussieBranch.............(9) 15
    4 Cayambe...................(6) 14
    5 Psaw.........................(5) 13
    6= Pete........................(7) 12
    6= Chalky...... ..............(7) 12
    8= Southblue...(EOB 2 + 8) 10
    8= Piglet......................(4) 10
    8= Crusha....................(5) 10
    11= NZBlue...................(5) 9
    11= Nobbyblue..............(6) 9
    11= Altobelli..................(5) 9
    11= Alf..........................(7) 9
    11= Acido......................(5) 9
    16 Griff..........................(3) 7

Thir**** points!! Bloody hell well done Howoldboy

Thank you Griff

Ola , a huge thanks to my old mate CUFCAussiebranch for posting my picks . For some reason I couldn't login on Saturday. Maybe too many Estrellas .
    Like last season I have started with a whimper but we all know what happened . Make the most of this , especially Philapino Branch , as I will not be letting go of my title easily .
    UTB

Piglet, I don’t like amusement parks, or rather I do, but my neck doesn’t. Being thrown around like that leads to a visit to E&A. Anyway, not Universal Studios Osaka. The correct answer was a game of Risk with friends round.

Average score this week was 5.8, but that hides some good scoring. Altobelli got 9 results correct and Piglet 8. Piglet top-scored with 10 though because he got a score right. At the other end was Southblue who came late to the party and only managed 3 this week, so he’s now at the bottom with Alf. Howoldboy’s consistency has kept him at the top which goes to show that you can’t have a bad week or your league position will suffer. Apart from all that it’s the usual jostling for positions.

Still all to play for. Back next week, then I’m of to a Greek Island for a fortnight. I’m promised “wi-fi in public areas” so all should be well but look out for postings at odd times i.e. when MrsGriff isn’t watching.

Peace.

1 Howoldboy................(6) 22
    2 AussieBranch.............(6) 21
    3 Piglet......................(10) 20
    4= Psaw......................(6) 19
    4= Mullen....................(3) 19
    4= Cayambe................(5) 19
    7= Altobelli..................(9) 18
    7= Acido......................(9) 18
    9= Pete.......................(4) 16
    9= Chalky...... .............(4) 16
    11= NZBlue..................(6) 15
    11= Nobbyblue.............(6) 15
    11= Crusha..................(5) 15
    14 Griff........................(7) 14
    15= Southblue..............(3) 13
    15= Alf........................(4) 13

Mid table isn't really good enough for me but I've got something to work on,early days yet
    Have a good time Griff and don't worry about the prediction comp if you are having a good time

Look at Alf at the bottom

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)