+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp league table 2019-20

I was sure I sent you an email with instructions to use my formula 😥😥. Oh well , better pick up my game

I’ve checked my inbox, spam and PMs back to last Wednesday but there’s nothing there mate.

The Star Telecom offices on the outskirts of Moscow wasn’t what I expected of you this week Piglet, nor was it the correct answer. The correct answer, and you’ll be kicking yourself, was Starman by David Bowie.

We had a mixed week with an average of only 4.9. Crusha did best with 9 and moves up a respectable five positions to 10th. Altobelli and Gaz scraped two apiece and are sliding as a consequence, though not as badly as Acido who dropped four spots this week

Piglet now has a lead of 10 which is two weeks’ scoring for most of us so well done to him. That’s over 7 points each week so he must be doing something that rest of us are missing. Answers on a postcard etc.........

1 Piglet......................(5) 90
    2 Howoldboy...............(4) 80
    3 AussieBranch...........(7) 78
    4 Mullen.....................(5) 72
    5 Psaw.......................(5) 69
    6 Cayambe.................(6) 67
    7 Altobelli...................(2) 64
    8= Chalky...................(5) 63
    8= Alf.........................(6) 63
    10= Nobbyblue............(4) 62
    10= Crusha.................(9) 62
    12= Griff.....................(5) 61
    12= Acido....................(3) 61
    14= NZBlue.................(4) 59
    14= Gaz......................(2) 59
    16 Southblue...............(6) 50
    17 Pete..................(dne2) 47

I felt sorry for all you older lads on here this week Griff lol.
    So I let messrs Chalky, Alto, & uncle Alf get more points than me, simples!.

Mount Chimborazo, Piglet, isn’t a peak that I’ve stood on personally, in fact Binsey is more my thing. You’ll kick yourself because the correct answer was Victoria Island. You probably didn’t give it surficiant thought.

Three games postponed due to warthogs on the pitch and, as usual, I’ll award the points as these games are played. Could take a while though.

Average score was 4.6 and Piglet and Cayambe top-scored with 8. Down the other end there were four participants on a progress-stopping 2; Chalky, Acido, Gaz and Pete. Chalky drops four positions to twelfth as a result; I was the biggest climber, up three to ninth.

Piglet’s lead has now stretched to 13 points - one per week - and that’s a lot at this time of the season. He has exactly twice as many points at Pete at the bottom so the Gods must be smiling on him. Still, what do Gods know; there a long way to go yet.

1 Piglet......................(8) 98
    2 AussieBranch...........(7) 85
    3 Howoldboy...............(4) 84
    4 Mullen.....................(5) 77
    5 Cayambe.................(8) 75
    6 Psaw.......................(5) 74
    7 Altobelli...................(5) 69
    8 Nobbyblue...............(6) 68
    9 Griff........................(6) 67
    10= Crusha.................(4) 66
    10= Alf.......................(3) 66
    12= NZBlue.................(6) 65
    12= Chalky..................(2) 65
    14 Acido......................(2) 63
    15 Gaz.........................(2) 61
    16 Southblue................(3) 53
    17 Pete........................(2) 49

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I felt sorry for all you older lads on here this week Griff lol.
    So I let messrs Chalky, Alto, & uncle Alf get more points than me, simples!.
    Thanks mate - and you’re the gift that keeps on giving!

Sorry this is late, I’ve been on the grandfather duties doon sooth and was driving all day yesterday.

Piglet, of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, you walks into mine. Oh, I forgot, you aren’t reading this. Still, here’s looking at you kid.

Anyway, where were we. Oh yes, the competition. A good range of scores this week from 1 to 11 and a number of ups and downs. Average was 4.8 but Gaz managed an impressive 11 and rises EIGHT places from 15th to 8th. He even managed to forecast the 2-3 at Mansfield which is impressive, so well done.

At the other end of the spectrum was Nobby with a mere 1. That was enough to drop him from 8th to 13th where he finds himself in good company. Chalky picked a poor week to copy Piglet’s predictions as they both scored a below-average 4. Chalky drops a place while Piglet sails on at the top with no-one challenging him.

Is the season over already? Will Chalky learn the error of his ways? Can the onrushing NZBlue finally catch up with AussieBranch? Tune in for next week’s exciting* instalment!

1 Piglet....................(4) 102
    2 AussieBranch...........(4) 89
    3 Howoldboy...............(3) 87
    4 Cayambe.................(8) 83
    5= Psaw....................(5) 79
    5= Mullen..................(2) 79
    7= Gaz....................(11) 72
    7= Altobelli................(3) 72
    9= NZBlue.................(6) 71
    9= Crusha.................(5) 71
    9= Acido...................(8) 71
    12 Alf.......................(4) 70
    13= Nobbyblue..........(1) 69
    13= Griff...................(2) 69
    13= Chalky................(4) 69
    16 Southblue.............(7) 60
    17 Pete.....................(4) 53

* no guarantees
    Last edited by griff; 04-11-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Four points! Four (4) chuffing points Piglett! I hope that you're ashamed of yourself and that's the last time I shall chea....erm follow in your footsteps,yes I've learnt my lesson griff,cheats never prosper....

Hmmmm,that's an impressive score by gaz though

Ive scored 5 now for several weeks. Its reasonably easy to predict 5 results from twelve, what isn't easy is getting the right score. Piglet wont win, someone in the top five will, like a horse race. Ive got my poker antennae on it... I know who will win,,,,, and who wont. Chalky, you've got zero chance, or come to that neither have you Griff.

In our little triumvirate, Cambridge top Carlisle and county in the league, and I top you ywo in this. The Jackson 4.

Thanks Griff.

Not that it matters too much but I think this week EOB should read (1) 31.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)