+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 down 35 to go, onto Partick friday

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Being the dour basket that i am, having seen some absolute ****e football in 3 seasons doon, and had hopes of a great start to the season dashed by Murdoch and co, i cannot let myself to get too excited about that start!

That team from yesterday cannot be changed though, unless someone is injured.
    Kinda agree with this, but would like to see Clark drop from left mid, same tactics though!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Nothing but positives yesterday, much more confident about the season than I was, I knew we'd be better once the "real stuff" started as we'd been better since the Jan window and had reason to think we could do well this season but yesterday was better than I hoped

However let's not get carried away either, just as if we hadn't won there would be no need to get too down, it's just one game abs a good start, Partick will be up for their first hour game against the big fish in the division so anything less than the attitude from yesterday and we will come a cropper on bbc scotland

The potential changes I'd make are C. Smith for Clark and maybe Harkes for Stanton (although Stanton was decent so would be for with him keeping his place)

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️

There will be the odd banana skin on the route to glory. Consistency is the key, if the team continue to work as hard and perform as they did on Saturday they will be in good shape!

Generally I felt the shape and attitude of the team was good, a couple of headless chicken minutes when players seemed to forget what they were meant to do. Keep the shape and interchange players according to injuries, freshness etc.

Not really been mentioned, Connolly and Reynolds were excellent, Connolly especially has taken some unfair stick, he dealt with White no bother

Now usually for us we get hopes up our get ahead of ourselves and then it's dashed, and I've no doubt Caldwell will set Thistle up well and to nullify us, they haven't lost many this calendar year but I think we will go there and win a tight match

Not really been mentioned, Connolly and Reynolds were excellent, Connolly especially has taken some unfair stick, he dealt with White no bother

Now usually for us we get hopes up our get ahead of ourselves and then it's dashed, and I've no doubt Caldwell will set Thistle up well and to nullify us, they haven't lost many this calendar year but I think we will go there and win a tight match
    When did we last win there mate?,i thought it was a winter game i did not attend for one reason or another.

October last season 2-1

October last season 2-1
    Well i was only a month out mate.

Indeed, was Robbie's first league game

Week be tough on Friday regardless anything else going on at Thistle but if we show the same attitude and level in each game this season as Saturday I'll be quietly confident going into any game in this division

I am not being negative but i was very confident we would begin with a league victory at home but i still do not have complete faith in this side on the road.I would imagine that most of our support have the same mindset.That would quickly change though if we were to replicate Saturday's performance in Maryhill.

I know and I understand that, funny thing is we had the best away record after Inverness last season

Think league record away under Neilson is 6 wins 4 draws 4 lost (one at Morton last day almost meaningless)

I feel we can improve on that,even if we maintain it over the season along with the now excellent Tannadice league form, then we will end up where we want to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)