+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 down 35 to go, onto Partick friday

1 down 35 to go, onto Partick friday

Nothing but positives yesterday, much more confident about the season than I was, I knew we'd be better once the "real stuff" started as we'd been better since the Jan window and had reason to think we could do well this season but yesterday was better than I hoped

However let's not get carried away either, just as if we hadn't won there would be no need to get too down, it's just one game abs a good start, Partick will be up for their first hour game against the big fish in the division so anything less than the attitude from yesterday and we will come a cropper on bbc scotland

The potential changes I'd make are C. Smith for Clark and maybe Harkes for Stanton (although Stanton was decent so would be for with him keeping his place)

It's another massive test as we do not have a very good record in Maryhill.Having watched ICT at Dens last week i fully expected us to beat them,lets face it they made the Funsters look half decent.If we can win on Friday away then we really have made a massive statement of intent.

If we go with the same attacking approach, then good chance we’ll win. Shankland’s movement and awareness is exceptional, so if we simply provide him that service, he will deliver. Take the game to the opponent, and let them worry about us, not the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    It's another massive test as we do not have a very good record in Maryhill.Having watched ICT at Dens last week i fully expected us to beat them,lets face it they made the Funsters look half decent.If we can win on Friday away then we really have made a massive statement of intent.
    In a nutshell GB. A thrilling performance is only a one off unless we can go there and put on another.
    Let's hope Robbie has decided attack is better than caution. Let's go there and get 3 more points before the Saturday kickoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    In a nutshell GB. A thrilling performance is only a one off unless we can go there and put on another.
    Let's hope Robbie has decided attack is better than caution. Let's go there and get 3 more points before the Saturday kickoffs.
    If we win on Friday there is massive pressure on our title rivals the next day,make no mistake about it the Pars,The Honest men and The Red Lichties will know already that 3 points are a must.

If we can go to Firhill with an attacking mindset, get the 3 points on the board, that would send out a major challenge to our rivals. Was what I was saying close season about really dominating this league from the start.
    We need to. C'mon United

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    If we can go to Firhill with an attacking mindset, get the 3 points on the board, that would send out a major challenge to our rivals. Was what I was saying close season about really dominating this league from the start.
    We need to. C'mon United
    Agree 100% Stokie boy and our title rivals Ayr,Dunfermline and Arbroath know they need to win the next day to keep in touch.

Agree 100% Stokie boy and our title rivals Ayr,Dunfermline and Arbroath know they need to win the next day to keep in touch.
    OK i will throw ICT in there as well but i honestly think they will fall short as i told Peter last week.

Being the dour basket that i am, having seen some absolute ****e football in 3 seasons doon, and had hopes of a great start to the season dashed by Murdoch and co, i cannot let myself to get too excited about that start!

That team from yesterday cannot be changed though, unless someone is injured.

At this very early stage it seems the only thing to stop Arbroath smoking this league, will be us? Okay...okay....I'm far too optimistic, but I reckon our head to heads will be deciding factors?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)