+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we sell Tarkowski if the Release Clause kicks in?

Will we sell Tarkowski if the Release Clause kicks in?

If as likely Cahill stays in London with Hodgson, will we risk selling Tarkowski if the £50 million quid Release Clause kicks in?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If as likely Cahill stays in London with Hodgson, will we risk selling Tarkowski if the £50 million quid Release Clause kicks in?
    Definitely Bt can't see us being able to resist that, just as Dyche said he has a price

Leaving us with pots of money, but with only Mee, Gibson, Long and Dunne for EPL centre backs we then become relegation fodder...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Leaving us with pots of money, but with only Mee, Gibson, Long and Dunne for EPL centre backs we then become relegation fodder...
    Gibson would slot into Tarkys place as was why we purchased him.

IF, there is a release clause and it is met, Burnley have no option other than to ask Tarky if he wishes to leave, if he does its goodbye.

Surprised though that what has been discussed on this board that its a production line with Tarky purchased for Keane and Gibson purchased for Tarky/Mee, that we have not got in another solid defender before now, I know we have Long, but we always have had.

There's no question Tarko goes if Leicester offer £50 million, there won't even be any discussion in the board room, just a swift call to Terrier Taxis. I don't see any problem with Mee, Gibson and Long, and possibly they see Jimmy Dunne as next on the production line, if not there's always January to get someone in.

I would be disapointed if tarkowski is sold without bringing in a replacement , confident with Mee & Gibson but Long is ok for temp cover and Dunne is still untested at this level , so a long term injury to Mee / Gibson and i'd be more confident with a Cahill type as cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Attilla View Post
    I would be disapointed if tarkowski is sold without bringing in a replacement , confident with Mee & Gibson but Long is ok for temp cover and Dunne is still untested at this level , so a long term injury to Mee / Gibson and i'd be more confident with a Cahill type as cover.
    I'm assuming if Tarko goes there won't be enough time to bring a long term replacement in. No worried for me if we sign Cahill.

If he is going , hopefully its done quickly to give us time to get somebody in , even a loan at least as good cover till January.

The board would sell the whole squad for 50 million.. Tight cnuts .

I've thought all summer Attilla that we were waiting for United to sign Maguire and then Tarko would move to Leicester and we'd be quids in. We had to put our spending plans on hold because United jibbed at the price for so long, and now it's all happening too late for us. Of course I could be wrong but that's the way I see it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)