+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prediction League - Leicester City

Prediction League - Leicester City

Hard to believe, but the Premier League is back upon us. Will Wolves improve their position in the table? Will Wolves suffer in the Prem due to continental football? Will Nuno and Fosun continue to take us to greater heights than we thought we could? Will we finally have a repeat champion of the Prediction League? All our questions will be answered soon enough.

Rules Reminder:
    1. Predict the final score and the first WOLVES goalscorer
    2. 3 points awarded for correctly predicting the result and score
    3. 1 point awarded for correctly predicting the result
    4. "Goal differential" awarded for correctly predicting the first goalscorer
    5. For cup or playoff matches that could go to extra time, participants will predict based on the result after 90 minutes. The 90 minute scoreline is what will be used to award for points. Everything in extra time or penalties is irrelevant.

Prediction League Champions
    2018-19 - nortonwolf
    2017-18 - WOODLANDSWOLF
    2016-17 - wolves71
    2015-16 - Woking88
    2014-15 - wolfiebill
    2013-14 - Robus
    2012-13 - cyrus11

Wolves open the season with a trip to Leicester. Last season, we split with Leicester, each team winning the home match. The first was our second match of the season and we lost 2-0. The second match was an exhilarating 4-3 victory featuring a Jota hat trick and stoppage time winner. In the end, we finished 5 points and two spots ahead of them in the table. I don't think Leicester have improved this offseason, as their only significant transfers were Ayoze Perez from Newcastle, James Justin of Luton and making Youri Tielemans permanent after being on loan last season. They lost Harry Maguire to Manchester United and haven't replaced him as of yet, though there is still plenty of time (and money after an 80 million sale). Wolves haven't improved all that much either, but we have far fewer questions coming in this season as of now. We have also had two matches and most of our first team has gotten in at least one full match. Though we do have a match on Thursday, so we will be on shorter rest and Leicester will be playing their first competitive match of the year. On the road, so I'll take a point against a top half contender.

Leicester 1-1 Wolves, Jota

Note: I will include Europa League matches on this, but I will not start until the playoff round, should we advance past Pyunik.

Great to be back!!

Optimistic start, 1-2, Jiminez.

Leicester 1 Wolves 2 Jota.

COYW!

Leicester 1 - Wolves 3 (Jota)

Many thanks for doing this again Mich.

Leicester City 0 Wolves 1

Neves

Leicester city 2 wolves 0

Leicester 1-1 Wolves (Jimenez)

Leicester 2-2 Wolves Jota

Many thanks for doing this again Mich.

Hope I'm wrong, but I think Leics will be pussing for a top 6 place at the end of the season (with us, hopefully)

Leicester City 2 Wolves 1

The Mexican to score for us.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)