+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Connell Rawlinson

Apparently his previous manager Neil Aspin QUOTE: 'Hung him out to dry' by playing him out of position as a fullback.
    Vale fans seem to be fairly complimentary about him - or let's put it another way they're not saying he was sh!te...!

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/t...ge/3/#comments

Good attitude, good header of the ball and a good age (27).

Promising ???

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post

good header of the ball
    If he's built like a brick you-know-what then I like him already.

Apparently his previous manager Neil Aspin QUOTE: 'Hung him out to dry' by playing him out of position as a fullback.
    Vale fans seem to be fairly complimentary about him - or let's put it another way they're not saying he was sh!te...!

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/t...ge/3/#comments

Good attitude, good header of the ball and a good age (27).

Promising ???
    Personally, I find these signings worrying. Most have been released by football league clubs because they weren't upto standards. I was hoping with the new owners we would look to bring some youngsters in on the way up, from other NL teams. Add 1 or 2 in on loan and then add a couple of experienced free transfers. Seems like we're just copying past mistakes. Hope I'm wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post
    Personally, I find these signings worrying. Most have been released by football league clubs because they weren't upto standards. I was hoping with the new owners we would look to bring some youngsters in on the way up, from other NL teams. Add 1 or 2 in on loan and then add a couple of experienced free transfers. Seems like we're just copying past mistakes. Hope I'm wrong...
    That’s your opinion jscarr, others would ask for experienced players and you only get that with age. We are not yet in a position to give too many fresh youngsters a regular place in the team. Notts, Ardley and most of the squad are in terra nova and it’s not a great place to take chances.

That won't happen at Notts. We hang our full backs out to dry by playing them as centre backs.

Sounds Ok to me. And here's a grapsing at straws quote from Wiki:

He was named in the 2017–18 Welsh Premier League Team of the Season.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    If he's built like a brick you-know-what then I like him already.
    Only 6' 1".......was expecting 7' at least !

Quote Originally Posted by americanpie View Post
    Only 6' 1".......was expecting 7' at least !
    Said the actress to the Bishop …

Had a year left, was told he was free to leave.

Supposedly capable of doing a job in the FL after being POTY and well thought of at TNS but didn’t really work out to the level expected.

Good move for all parties, should be ok in NL. After Duffy (one man penalty conceding machine) and Jones (****er in general, only player I’ve seen play 65 minutes without moving faster than a slightly intense walk) you couldn’t possibly get a third bad one off us.

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post
    I think that would have to come in time and not in the short term. Perhaps next summer? A week ago we had not signed anyone so this summer we have had to try and find the most experienced players of what are left available.

It also sounds like short term we are trying to get players in with football league experience from listening to interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I think that would have to come in time and not in the short term. Perhaps next summer? A week ago we had not signed anyone so this summer we have had to try and find the most experienced players of what are left available.

It also sounds like short term we are trying to get players in with football league experience from listening to interviews.
    Surely if these experienced free transfers were any good, they'd of been snapped up by now. Obviously, I hope the new recruits prove me wrong and come good for us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast