+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fulham(away)predictions

Fulham(away)predictions

I cant imagine our defensive flaws will be sorted overnight,so a good Fulham side will look to exploit those flaws.
    3-1 loss.

Oh dear both teams unexpectedly lost their opening games, anything could happen. I think I'll wait until Friday for my usual perfect prediction

Well one thing is guaranteed. If he plays the same team as Sat they would lose. Absolutely no doubts. If they are set up so poorly they will lose, regardless of which team he plays.

If I was that kid from City of be making an excuse. I'd make sure I had a groin injury.
    We spent 2 weeks talking to Man City as they would not allow him to come here to play RB. He simply isn't a RB. He came here to play centre back. So playing him at RB solves nothing. Even if he's replacing that joke who was embarrasing from Christmas onwards and was even worse Sat. Clearly he didn't bother addressing the fact he doesn't rate Nyambe. Yet he did nothing about replacing him.
    But of course, the manager isn't accountable for picking a team. Or transfers. Or subs.
    Or improving us.
    He has already started naming and blaming individual players and blaming it all on them. Like he did with Raya last season, once we started to get found out and we started to lose every week for 3 months. That's always heartening from a manager. Accept none of the blame, and shift it all onto a kid. That you picked. Long long season ahead.

Fulham 2 Rovers 1

2-2 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Well one thing is guaranteed. If he plays the same team as Sat they would lose. Absolutely no doubts. If they are set up so poorly they will lose, regardless of which team he plays.

If I was that kid from City of be making an excuse. I'd make sure I had a groin injury.
    We spent 2 weeks talking to Man City as they would not allow him to come here to play RB. He simply isn't a RB. He came here to play centre back. So playing him at RB solves nothing. Even if he's replacing that joke who was embarrasing from Christmas onwards and was even worse Sat. Clearly he didn't bother addressing the fact he doesn't rate Nyambe. Yet he did nothing about replacing him.
    But of course, the manager isn't accountable for picking a team. Or transfers. Or subs.
    Or improving us.
    He has already started naming and blaming individual players and blaming it all on them. Like he did with Raya last season, once we started to get found out and we started to lose every week for 3 months. That's always heartening from a manager. Accept none of the blame, and shift it all onto a kid. That you picked. Long long season ahead.
    Champs - you have to stick to the facts. Our bad spell went from the collapse against Brentford until we beat Derby NINE WEEKS later. In the middle of that, we beat Wigan, three-nil.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - you have to stick to the facts. Our bad spell went from the collapse against Brentford until we beat Derby NINE WEEKS later. In the middle of that, we beat Wigan, three-nil.

Ok, fair enough. We went from being 5th the day going into the Brentford game onto an 11 match run. Where we lost 9 drew one and won one.
    That's NINE losses. You don't lose 9 games in such a short space of time if things are going well. And all of this happened between Feb - April. Not the start of last season. From the mid-way point onwards.
    Have any of those issues been resloved?
    Saturday showed me the simple answer to that is no. His answer was to get in a young lad from City who had played 37 games games for WBA (half as sub).
    We are no closer to having any kind of creativity in midfield. I'm now wondering how long it will be before he regresses completely and starts play Smallwood again. If things continue the way I think they will, he will be back in the next few games. Not the answer, but is he going to play someone with flair? Someone who will beat a man, or provide a killer pass? or go with the god young players knocking on the door? No chance, he will go with Smallwood.
    I assumed he would leave. But then I assumed he would address the flaws in our side. Like I was wrong to try be positive.

So you would have dropped Johnson or Travis or Downing or all three to bring in Under-23 players who might or might not provide greater flair or a spark of creativity?
    So let's imagine that Buckley, Rankin-Costello and Chapman had played, and we'd been beaten.
    SCENARIO ONE: all of Mowbray's critics saying, "Oh, that's fine, because it was a good idea to give our youngsters a chance, even if it didn't pay off."
    SCENARIO TWO: all of Mowbray's critics saying, "Ridiculous to throw raw youngsters in like that when we had three tougher, more experienced players in reserve, who were the obvious choices."

Hmm...I wonder which it would have been.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 08-08-2019 at 02:47 AM.

A dream fixture for Fulham and a 2-0 home win

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    So you would have dropped Johnson or Travis or Downing or all three to bring in Under-23 players who might or might not provide greater flair or a spark of creativity?
    So let's imagine that Buckley, Rankin-Costello and Chapman had played, and we'd been beaten.
    SCENARIO ONE: all of Mowbray's critics saying, "Oh, that's fine, because it was a good idea to give our youngsters a chance, even if it didn't pay off."
    SCENARIO TWO: all of Mowbray's critics saying, "Ridiculous to throw raw youngsters in like that when we had three tougher, more experienced players in reserve, who were the obvious choices."

Hmm...I wonder which it would have been.
    Why care about who is sat in the stand? We only get a 3rd of the ground filled in a good day. I'd suggest he has little or absolutely no contact with the fans at all. Do you think he paws over comments online? I don't. I'd be shocked to learn he even has any awareness at all on people's views.
    Waggott on the other hand wants extra fans inside the ground. It's crucial.
    Extra fans did attend on Sat. To have a look at the new side for the new season.
    What they saw was the worst elements of last season.
    I can tell you now, the ones who did bother on Sat won't return in a hurry. Blame that on whoever you want. We can't attract new fans.
    That's one of the reasons we can't push on.

So we can't really buy anyone? Yet we have a heavily funded academy.

Let me get this correct??? You saying he shouldn't play creative young players. And is correct to be flooding a midfeild with old 30 year olds? Did you say you'd played football?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)