+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick Thistle

Much better second half. Moved the ball quicker and with more purpose and got the ball wide more often. Robson did well. Changes made when required and positive.

Sorry for tarnishing the thread somewhat but having watched DFC v ICT i predicted an easy victory for us against the highlanders and it was in the end.There is no doubt that the Funsters were comfortable against ICT(who i think will struggle to make the play offs)however their trip to Fife showed them up for what they are,bang FN average.It was a modern day miracle they got a point thanks to a disgraceful display from a ref almost as out of his depth as the Dee.

We will need to play better than tonight when we meet Dunfermline and we must throw the kitchen sink at them from the first whistle,there is no chance we can set up to frustrate them and keep it tight at the back,sadly that is still beyond this United side,mark my words.

Well deserved win, much better second half, didn't think we deserved to be behind at half time, gave a needless goal away and didn't play that great but neither did they... Got the response we wanted and got stronger with the subs, Harkes was very good even he came on too

Robson had a great game (told you offshore! ha ha) , full credit to him, Sporle will struggle to get in the team if he maintains that kind of running etc

Most players better after the break and we looked a level above them tbh and fitter, great to see Pawlett back and getting the goal, fair play tu him for making sure as not sure Shanklands touch was going to make it (6 in 2 would have been class but 5 in 2 isn't bad eh lol)

And girfu anyone watching hoping we'd fail, including the lead commentator (not the Dodds was much better)

WASC

2 played 2 wins and a fortnight to prepare for Dunfermline away.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    GB, I know our CB’s are not the best, so as long as we press other teams and keep the ball in the opposition’s half, then I think we might get by (letting them stick to basics like some of our previous CB’s (Dods, Wilkie, Kenneth), but when we do play the tippy tappy p!sh across the back, then that’s when we bring unwanted pressure on them, and they struggle. So to answer your question, if we don’t intend signing any better CB’s, then our tactics need to remain attacking not defensive, simples!
    If we had Dods,Wilkie or Kenneth the league would be a cakewalk mate,there is spin from some fans that Reynolds and Connolly are not very good on the ball but they are solid no nonsense defenders but i completely disagree with that.Reynolds needlessly gives the corner away tonight that led to the goal and Connolly is beaten in the air twice in the 2nd half that could have cost us the game.
    They both allow Robson to mark the Jags centre half which led to the goal.I know posters will probably have a go at me for being negative but i am only saying what i see.I do understand we are in the Championship and we cannie get Baresi but in my opinion a better centre half would allow Mr Ogren,his directors,the management team and the fans to enjoy this season's journey a whole lot better.

GB I was expecting with the numbers of players away including Bouhenna that we would see a CB added. Hopefully we will.

Reynolds caused goal but overall pair of them are fine and good enough for this league. My worry is that no one looks capable of matching Shanklands two goal league tally over the whole season. Clark out of position and sorts. Surely Pawlett for him at Pars. We may need Shanks to score over 50!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    If we had Dods,Wilkie or Kenneth the league would be a cakewalk mate,there is spin from some fans that Reynolds and Connolly are not very good on the ball but they are solid no nonsense defenders but i completely disagree with that.Reynolds needlessly gives the corner away tonight that led to the goal and Connolly is beaten in the air twice in the 2nd half that could have cost us the game.
    They both allow Robson to mark the Jags centre half which led to the goal.I know posters will probably have a go at me for being negative but i am only saying what i see.I do understand we are in the Championship and we cannie get Baresi but in my opinion a better centre half would allow Mr Ogren,his directors,the management team and the fans to enjoy this season's journey a whole lot better.
    I think an ideal would be one from Reynolds/Connolly coupled with a new signing if we can get it. Neither has decent height, and both are poor at distribution.

The defending for their goal was poor from Reynolds (and McMullan before that).

The rest of the squad is pretty impressive and has great depth from the bench. Watson and Franz (?) complete what is the weakest area of our team.

Shout out for Liam Smith who has slotted in with minimal fuss, solid 7 out of 10 both games, what a difference it makes having a proper RB.

Nice to report from the dark side that Cobra is raging again

"Big setback for one of our title rivals tonight and this piss-poor dabs side will get found out soon enough"

They’re all seething, they’ve just signed Harvey price yet all they’ve done is compare him to shankland. Very strange bunch the BNB’s

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)