+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fa child abuse enquiry published today-critical of dg.

Chelsea FC came out immediately to apologise for what went on even though none of the present board were responsible. They also said they would pay compensation to anyone affected. How different for our mushroom board of Directors.

And what did CAFC do or say since this report was published which named a 'current' employee of the club? Maybe soon? Maybe, maybe???

The club is not doing itself any favours by this silence...Dario could have resigned immediately rather than be sacked surely? I mean he has being paid for 2 and a half years and so money can't be the issue at his age. Most managers and coached are rarely if ever employed at at 78....Unless someone can say different...

It is a tragedy for all concerned and Dario's reputation is in tatters whether the club likes it or not...

Did you read my post, or indeed the report?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Did you read my post, or indeed the report?
    I don't think we can add much more to this thread because its possible CAFC and Dario may well be considering legal action to rebut the findings of the report but the Club do have to make a statement sooner rather than later.

Well they don't have any need to make a statement about what happened at Chelsea in the 70s, which is the subject of this thread.

Plus Dario informed the parent and was sent by Chelsea, therefore that club knew so who was he to inform? I see that MikeSB continues to ignore an evidence-based
    approach preferring instead to feed his sense of self-righteous anger that is so redolent of this age of social media.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Plus Dario informed the parent and was sent by Chelsea, therefore that club knew so who was he to inform? I see that MikeSB continues to ignore an evidence-based
    approach preferring instead to feed his sense of self-righteous anger that is so redolent of this age of social media.
    Anger?? Self Righteous?

I don't read or post on facebook and twitter and all the other stuff and so you will know more about social media than me no doubt. I heard about it on the Radio actually as it was on most bulletins that day. This was a QC led enquiry that was indeed looking and examining the available evidence and so if anyone has a gripe eg Dario or the club or anyone else, then they can challenge the enquiry findings or even take legal action if they so desire. The FA are still running their own investigations into child abuse too and it was they who suspended Dario two and a half years ago where his Chelsea role was mentioned afaik. This will no doubt form part of their findings too. Its obviously not fair on any innocent person being subject to such a long winded delay..ie justice delayed is justice denied etc. The problem is that DG is a current employee of CAFC and the bad publicity obviously affects both parties and what is wrong with the club making some sort of statement? I would imagine it would be almost impossible for DG to attend games now with away supporters no doubt relying on social media and the press for their information.

I don't know why this QC decided to make a big issue of Dario's role other than the abuser involved continued to abuse kids which in his opinion, ie the QC it could have been prevented if the people at Chelsea had taken action immediately following this complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Anger?? Self Righteous?

I don't read or post on facebook and twitter and all the other stuff and so you will know more about social media than me no doubt. I heard about it on the Radio actually as it was on most bulletins that day. This was a QC led enquiry that was indeed looking and examining the available evidence and so if anyone has a gripe eg Dario or the club or anyone else, then they can challenge the enquiry findings or even take legal action if they so desire. The FA are still running their own investigations into child abuse too and it was they who suspended Dario two and a half years ago where his Chelsea role was mentioned afaik. This will no doubt form part of their findings too. Its obviously not fair on any innocent person being subject to such a long winded delay..ie justice delayed is justice denied etc. The problem is that DG is a current employee of CAFC and the bad publicity obviously affects both parties and what is wrong with the club making some sort of statement? I would imagine it would be almost impossible for DG to attend games now with away supporters no doubt relying on social media and the press for their information.

I don't know why this QC decided to make a big issue of Dario's role other than the abuser involved continued to abuse kids which in his opinion, ie the QC it could have been prevented if the people at Chelsea had taken action immediately following this complaint.

Mike, can I suggest you read the full report and not listen to snippets on the radio.
    Also I don't think DG is employed by the club but is a director

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Mike, can I suggest you read the full report and not listen to snippets on the radio.
    Also I don't think DG is employed by the club but is a director
    Copied and pasted from the club website,

Coaching & Backroom Staff

Director Of Football - Dario Gradi MBE

First Team Manager - David Artell

Assistant Manager - Kenny Lunt

First Team Coach/U23 Manager - Alex Morris

U18 Manager - Lee Bell

U18 Assistant Manager - Michael Jackson

Head Physio: Mark Cornish

Goalkeeping Coach - Fred Barber

Lead Match Analyst - John Dillon

Lead Sports Scientist - Liam Anderson

First Team Kit Man - Peter Cope

Head Of Coaching - James Collins

Academy Operations Manager - Aidan Callan

Academy Recruitment Officer - Phil Swift

Academy Admin Secretary - Paul Antrobus

Academy Lead Physio - Tom Lamb

Academy Physio - TBC

Academy Sports Scientist - Sam Vance

Academy Match Analyst- Gerald Parton

Academy Education - David Whiteside

Academy Kit Manager - Ann Parry

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    Copied and pasted from the club website,

Coaching & Backroom Staff

Director Of Football - Dario Gradi MBE

First Team Manager - David Artell

Assistant Manager - Kenny Lunt

First Team Coach/U23 Manager - Alex Morris

U18 Manager - Lee Bell

U18 Assistant Manager - Michael Jackson

Head Physio: Mark Cornish

Goalkeeping Coach - Fred Barber

Lead Match Analyst - John Dillon

Lead Sports Scientist - Liam Anderson

First Team Kit Man - Peter Cope

Head Of Coaching - James Collins

Academy Operations Manager - Aidan Callan

Academy Recruitment Officer - Phil Swift

Academy Admin Secretary - Paul Antrobus

Academy Lead Physio - Tom Lamb

Academy Physio - TBC

Academy Sports Scientist - Sam Vance

Academy Match Analyst- Gerald Parton

Academy Education - David Whiteside

Academy Kit Manager - Ann Parry

Exactly a director does not mean he is paid a salary.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Exactly a director does not mean he is paid a salary.
    Not trying to be pedantic just accurate. Dario is showing as having a £27,000 salary paid to him in the last accounts, a big drop in what he was getting a few years ago I know.
    We have not had any return on this money for about two and a half years now. Who do we blame for this, The FA, Dario, Crewe Alex? Do we really need a Director of Football, would we be in a better position with one? Does Dario really need the money, is he taking it on principal?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast