+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fa child abuse enquiry published today-critical of dg.

Fa child abuse enquiry published today-critical of dg.

I'm not here to have a dig honestly I'm not; but the reaction on this board to your post highlighting todays report speaks volumes,I know the Vale have a reputation for volatility and demonstrating, but I am sure they would have reacted against the hierarchy at Crewe,Its to the clubs abiding shame that they continue to try and brush this under the carpet.

Mr 20% Gradi has a lot to answer for and also those at Crewe who must have known what was going on,the damaged caused is immeasurable.

Before anyone says it I'm not here for a dig at Crewe Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    I'm not here to have a dig honestly I'm not; but the reaction on this board to your post highlighting todays report speaks volumes,I know the Vale have a reputation for volatility and demonstrating, but I am sure they would have reacted against the hierarchy at Crewe,Its to the clubs abiding shame that they continue to try and brush this under the carpet.

Mr 20% Gradi has a lot to answer for and also those at Crewe who must have known what was going on,the damaged caused is immeasurable.

Before anyone says it I'm not here for a dig at Crewe Alex.
    If we are talking about the report as per the first post how would anybody from Crewe know what was going on at Chelsea?

As for criticism of DG - obviously we don't know what he did or didn't do over 40 years ago, but how the report can say his statement he informed Ron Suart of what he'd been told was unbelievable is beyond me - naturally it can't be proved, because Ron died in 2015, but equally how can it possibly be disproved?

Would we expect the club now to make a statement on Dario's future following the publication of this report.

Coincidence !

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    If we are talking about the report as per the first post how would anybody from Crewe know what was going on at Chelsea?
    The way the F.A thinking is if DG covered it up a Chelsea did he do the same at Crewe? He is there in the middle of everything going on and he sees nothing,hears nothing, and does nothing! maybe its time for him to leave by the back door before the F.A push him out.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    The way the F.A thinking is if DG covered it up a Chelsea did he do the same at Crewe? He is there in the middle of everything going on and he sees nothing,hears nothing, and does nothing! maybe its time for him to leave by the back door before the F.A push him out.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if he now announces his "retirement".

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    As for criticism of DG - obviously we don't know what he did or didn't do over 40 years ago, but how the report can say his statement he informed Ron Suart of what he'd been told was unbelievable is beyond me - naturally it can't be proved, because Ron died in 2015, but equally how can it possibly be disproved?
    I agree what happened 40 years ago between DG and someone who has passed away is open to speculation,however what happened between DG and Bennell isn't, there has been a lot of money and I mean alot of money made on the back of these young players and lots of lives have been ruined,the current football club should now come forward and at least apologise if they dont then I think it's obvious to the football world they knew exactly what was going on and condoned it.

It's a real shame.

Not sure how you prove who knew what was going on and who didn’t, to be honest. However, two things seem pretty clear. The Alex must put out a more formal and fulsome apology no matter what their solicitor says. Secondly, and more sadly, Dario must announce his retirement from football. There has never been any suggestion, even from Daniel Taylor in the Guardian, that he has been accused of or committed any abuse himself but that he has, either deliberately or otherwise, helped cover it up and as a result aid *****philes to continue their disgusting crimes. It may be too late for him, but a contrite statement admitting these shortcomings and apologising for the hurt his inaction caused would be an appropriate reaction from him. His reputation nationally may be in tatters, but those of us in red will still recall his visionary work much more fondly if he leaves with his head held a little higher.

Can't agree with above. The report states that DG was sent by Chelsea- perhaps to hush it up- but DG says he relayed the information to the parent. DG then says the parent said he didn't want to get the perpetrator into any trouble. DG then says to the inquiry, "What else was I supposed to do?"
    The inquiry says this is not believable, However, the inquiry is looking at an event of the 80s through the prism of 21st century attitudes.
    It is inconclusive and therefore not a safe conclusion to point the finger at Dario.
    Yes the whole industry and society is culpable and scapegoating will not cover that up.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast