+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gayle back on the horizon ?

Gayle back on the horizon ?

Is this fake news ? There seems to be a lot of social media commenting suggesting we are back in again ?
    Stoke also pursuing.

Probably just the usual smoke and mirrors garbage hoping to convince the fans they are really trying to get him after all but actually have no intention. it seems according to the Mail we are in for The Vile's Scott Hogan. Vile fans must be pi**ing themselves if its true.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    Probably just the usual smoke and mirrors garbage hoping to convince the fans they are really trying to get him after all but actually have no intention. it seems according to the Mail we are in for The Vile's Scott Hogan. Vile fans must be pi**ing themselves if its true.

Hogan is no better than HRK and could join him on Blackpool beach.

Can someone send a picture to Dowling of where the goals came from last season!

We get rid of two numpties and at last have a passionate and decent manager but hey - no proven goal scorer!!! You can’t make it up!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Hogan is no better than HRK and could join him on Blackpool beach.

Can someone send a picture to Dowling of where the goals came from last season!

We get rid of two numpties and at last have a passionate and decent manager but hey - no proven goal scorer!!! You can’t make it up!

Have to agree with your sentiment. The top goal scorers will be the top 6 or 7 in the division at the end of the season but at the moment I can’t see us getting enough goals to achieve that.

However, we have no right to have a proven goal scorer anymore than the other clubs in our league all looking for the same. I am sure Dowling knows the problem but let’s be honest we are no longer, and probably never have been, the first choice for most proven goal scorers. The reality is it is very difficult to get them to sign for us and that is why it is always goes to the wire.

All that said, Dowling out! There you are already one nomination for scapegoat this season.

What I don’t get is Roofe has joined Anderlecht for around £7M and we signed Zohore for what we believe could end up around £8M. I know salary comes into it and admittedly I don’t know what they pay in Belgium but surely we can compete?

I’m happy to give Zohore a bit of time but the noises coming out of Cardiff are hardly the same as what Leeds think of Kemar Roofe. I think we’ve missed the boat big time with Roofe, he should have been our back up option to Gayle. For starters, I reckon the chance to return and team up with his old mate Sawyers would have appealed to him.

Also, I’m convinced Zohore was a Sessignon and big Vic type panic buy. With those pair the window was closing and we had nobody lined up after Lukaku said no. This time around Bilic kicked off in the press about new signings quick and hey presto Zohore suddenly appears.

Roofe was available, affordable and good enough.

If he comes back The Sun will lead with Gayle Blows In. The Sun fancy themselves as wits, they are 50% right.

We'll probably get no one in just all the Guinnes book of excuses how hard the board tried to bring players in right up to the dead line time . Anyone else feel the same ? Hope I'm wrong but clocks ticking got to 17:00 tomorrow then we go with what we have , won't be enough over a season .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)